Sunday, October 7, 2018

Turning it over....

  Sometimes anxiety and depression strikes and we forget how blessed we are....Am I right??  Surely its not just me.

   Life gets hard and we forget when we prayed for things we have now. Gods faithful and He answered, but when we let chaos strike we forget. We get caught up in the hustle and bustle and everything seems overwhelming and well too much.

  This week while I've been off on fall break I've had the chance to slow down and take a long look at my life, and its beautiful and wonderful. And yet why cant I see that all the time. Why does it take a break to see how good everything really is.

So much stress and worry consumes our minds and we let it eat us up. I'm the worlds worst, I mean seriously I may possibly be the worlds worst. And as if I dont have enough to worry about, I start worrying about things that  COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN. I have a great example and its gonna make me seem absolutely crazy to you, but im gonna share anyway.

Leukemia...Did you know that those with Down Syndrome have a increased risk for Leukemia. Yep, I worry about this all the time. Anytime Connors sick in the back of my mind I think well it could be leukemia. Yall thats insane! Im well aware, but its the truth and thats just one example of things I worry about that havent even happened. Its one of the reasons I made them do lab work at Connors last well visit. ( Were all good btw.)

I have to get my CDLs for work this year. Ya'll I've already thought about where I could apply for a job if I cant pass the test to get them. I've thought about how miserable I'll be working anywhere else and not doing what I love. I've let it break my heart thinking about all the school breaks I'll miss with Connor when I have to get a new job, Cause guess what in my mind its sure to happen, cause why
CAUSE I LET THE ENEMY TELL ME IM A FAILURE!!!  Im convinced that I cant pass, cause im not good at anything. Im certain that I will ruin this perfect job I have, cause Im good for nothing.

And if its not the CDL that gets me I've assured myself it will be my attendance. Connors sick alot, he catches EVERYTHING. Then I start thinking about how many employers  ( at my new job im gonna have to get) wont put up with me missing alot of work because my child is sick. And there it is im doomed. Ill never be able to keep a job, and we cant make it on just Jeremys income. And here goes it gets deeper  If I cant keep a job then its sure to cause problems in my marriage and if  my marriage ends I'll have to move back in with my parents and I wont have any money and I'll miss so much time with Connor when its Jeremys weekends. And then we'll have to share holidays and how will I feel when its not my Christmas with him. Not having my child on Christmas.  Thats HORRIBLE!!
This is just a glimpse into my anxiety and depression. The things that eat me up and yet arent even happening!!

YALL THOSE THOUGHTS HAVE SATAN WRITTEN ALL OVER THEM!!

I know this, and yet it consumes me. Thats anxiety and depression at its best, and satan loves to use them cause its so easy. We all have things we worry about, we all have busy chaotic lives. But we dont have to let satan pour lies over us!!

So everyday I have to remind myself to take a deep breath and to focus on the here and now. My happy child, my wonderful husband, my good job, the roof over my head, the food on my table, the family, the friends.

Its a constant battle and its a daily fight, but Gods my victory. And the reality is with Him on my side im already a winner. Yes any of these could become reality, life certainly doesnt always go as planned, but the creator of the universe is on my side. Even If I walk away from Him, He NEVER walks away from me. He is my constant, even on the days life feels too much. Even on the days I allow my thoughts to take over, He loves me and is my peace.

And He wants to be your peace too. So together lets make up our minds right now to turn our stress and worry, our anxiety and depression to the one who can carry it. To the one reaching out for it. To the one who will never leave. To the one who hears our prayers and always answers ( in his time and way).

What do ya say??

Lets turn it all over to THE ONE TRUE KING.




No comments: