Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Words from a stranger....

      As human being we thrive off the kind words from others ( even if we don't wanna admit it.) A complement here and there is music to our ears. We yearn  to hear were doing a good job, even when we don't even realize it.

Its wonderful to hear from our family and friends, but have you ever been given a kind word from a stranger?? It doesn't even have to be a total stranger it can be someone you know, but i'm talking about someone who doesnt have to say anything, but they do. Someone who it comes from complete left field from, and yet your hanging on every word. 

Before anyone gets the wrong idea I am not talking about flattering complements from a man, those are not good from strangers, especially when your married. Those are TROUBLE.

I'm talking about  a experience I had today in which someone spoke to me about my son. 
The person didnt have to say anything, and yet their words changed me and completely made my day. Its then it hit me, I wanna do that for someone else. I wanna be like that, speaking truth and reaffirming compliments to others. I'm not talking making up nice to stuff to say, it needs to be genuine. Its needs to be authentic, I wanna make someone else feel what I felt today.  

I like to think I'm a nice person, but I wanna be nicer, kinder, sweeter. I wanna speak words of encouragement, I wanna lift someone up. So today i'm asking you to join me and SPEAK UP.  I'm certainly gonna put more of a effort into this. Of course it needs to be our true feelings and obviously appropriate. Like the next time you think wow they did a really good job, tell them. The next time your grateful for someone, tell them.  With so much drama and discouragement lets be the encouragement someone needs. 

Cause I certainly needed this persons words today when he said " Connor is a beautiful child, he really is. He's very special to me."  Ya'll he didn't just mean hes a cutie ( my words hehe) He meant he is beautiful. His personality, his charisma, his endless babbling, his free spirit, his good days, his bad days, his resilience, his joy, his demeanor, he meant who he is IS BEAUTIFUL. I obviously agree 100%, but the fact that this person didn't need to say this. He wasn't forced, and it certainly wasnt expected and so it meant so much more. I know my family thinks hes beautiful, I know my friends think hes beautiful, but ya'll this was a stranger ( well not 100% a stranger, but not someone I know well.) 

His words changed me and I've been beaming all evening. Cause he saw my son. I mean really saw him. And just like my friends and family after only a little with him he saw the spark in him, the twinkle in his eyes, and it impacted him. It changed him. Connors changed his daddy and I. Connors changed our family. Connors changed our friends. And today I realized hes not stopping there. We send our babies out in the world and we hope they are being kind and obeying ( and dont get me wrong hes not always) but today I realized hes doing more than I could ever imagine.  Hes changing strangers. Hes reaching the world. Hes making his impact. Today words from a stranger gave me this resolution and oh how beautiful it truly is. 

No comments: