Ya'll I speak so often about Connor being a Mamas boy, and posting our picture ( daddy doesnt like being in pictures much) that some may think where is his daddy??
So here it is a post about Daddy.
Did you know that Connor attached to Daddy almost immediately!! The two were inseparable, and as sad as I was that Connor wasn't a fan of mama at first I am eternally grateful for how he loved his daddy from the start. In the mist of my own sorrow, my heart also soared seeing the bond they had.
And although attachment came just around the corner for Connor and I, it didnt lessen his love for daddy. Too often I see parents ( who are no longer together,)( we are very much happily married) trying to act as if the child loves the other parent more or less. We shouldnt do that. We should encourage a healthy relationship with both parents. (sorry ya'll rant over haha). Anyway my point is he loves us both equally and just because alot of what I post is me and Connor, and I have referred to him as a mamas boy in reality he is OUR boy!!
I was reminded of their special bond yesterday when Connor wasnt feeling well. He had been asleep for hours on the couch with me as I watched every single breath to ensure he wasnt struggling ( he has pneumonia alot and im unashamed when I tell you im completely and utterly over the top paranoid.) Connor woke up and let me hold him for awhile when suddenly he kept pointing to his head. Id been begging him to tell mama what hurt all day so I thought at last its his head. I kept saying does your head hurt?? This went on for a few minutes when finally he got up and pointed to this picture on the wall.
He was signing Daddy!!! ( He doesn't sign it exactly correct, but hes trying;) I said oh you want daddy and Connor shook his head yes. It was one of the sweetest moments I've witnessed. He was hurting and he knew who he feels safest with. I am so grateful that Connor has a daddy who loves and protects him and im even more grateful that Connor knows and realizes this!!!
Daddy arrived home from work not long after. :)
So here it is a post about Daddy.
Did you know that Connor attached to Daddy almost immediately!! The two were inseparable, and as sad as I was that Connor wasn't a fan of mama at first I am eternally grateful for how he loved his daddy from the start. In the mist of my own sorrow, my heart also soared seeing the bond they had.
And although attachment came just around the corner for Connor and I, it didnt lessen his love for daddy. Too often I see parents ( who are no longer together,)( we are very much happily married) trying to act as if the child loves the other parent more or less. We shouldnt do that. We should encourage a healthy relationship with both parents. (sorry ya'll rant over haha). Anyway my point is he loves us both equally and just because alot of what I post is me and Connor, and I have referred to him as a mamas boy in reality he is OUR boy!!
I was reminded of their special bond yesterday when Connor wasnt feeling well. He had been asleep for hours on the couch with me as I watched every single breath to ensure he wasnt struggling ( he has pneumonia alot and im unashamed when I tell you im completely and utterly over the top paranoid.) Connor woke up and let me hold him for awhile when suddenly he kept pointing to his head. Id been begging him to tell mama what hurt all day so I thought at last its his head. I kept saying does your head hurt?? This went on for a few minutes when finally he got up and pointed to this picture on the wall.
He was signing Daddy!!! ( He doesn't sign it exactly correct, but hes trying;) I said oh you want daddy and Connor shook his head yes. It was one of the sweetest moments I've witnessed. He was hurting and he knew who he feels safest with. I am so grateful that Connor has a daddy who loves and protects him and im even more grateful that Connor knows and realizes this!!!
Daddy arrived home from work not long after. :)
Heres a adorable video of Connor in daddys work shirt ( he signs daddy in it.)



No comments:
Post a Comment