So Molly had to go to the vet today. (It was time for her rabies shot) The vet said She is Very healthy but She is overweight. She weighs 57 pounds and the vet would like to see her around 35. So the whole family is on a diet now.
Let me back track for those who dont know Jeremy and I have been trying to lose weight. Were not on any particular diet just eating healthier, cutting back on portion size, and exercising daily. Our goal is to be healthier and Jeremy would like to get health insurance. He applied a while back but was denied. One of my main goals is to get my blood sugar under control. I have battled with it for several years and final reached my point where im tired of it winning. I have cut all sodas completely out. I havent had anything but water to drink since August. As you know im a Ketchup lover (never even gave a second thought as to how much sugar was in it) I will eat a little on a hamburger when I have one but other than that im ketchup free. ( Which for me is HUGE). I was one of those people in a fog saying " I dont know why my blood sugars sky high I rarely have sweets (desert)" What I and many others fail to realize is Sugar is in so many foods that you never think about it being in. So far I have lost about 8 pounds and it feels great to finally take a stand against something thats been controling my life.
So now all three of us are watching our weight. Only Molly dont know it yet. haha
No comments:
Post a Comment