Dear Moms,
This week I found a new respect for you that I must be honest I have never had before. I didnt know how hard and challenging your job is. Yes its rewarding and worth every moment, but lets not pretend its easy. I have been babysitting Alayah who is 21 months old since she was about 8 months old, but this week I faced new challenges and obstacles. This week I took Alayah to Wow Week ( Vacation Bible School) everyday. The last day of Wow Week the kids who have attended 3 out of the 4 days get to go to the water park. I went last year, but not with a baby. I made sure I had her diaper bag, snack bag, and sippy cup ( Her mom had packed) I made sure her sunscreen, little swimmer diapers, and swim suit was in her diaper bag. I made sure I had towels for her, me and Jeremy. I made sure she had on her shoes and had on a clean diaper and this was all around 9AM. So we headed to the school . I unstrapped her car seat and proceeded to waddle across the street with everything in my arms and her by my side trying to jerk her hand out of mine. We made it safely into the school. I thought we were leaving when Wow Week started at 10 for the water park so I had brought Alayah to /school in her pjs. I didnt want to change her into her swimmer diaper too early plus I wanted to put her sun screen on right before I put her swim suit on. We got to the school and found out that we were actually not leaving until closer to 11 so poor thing had on her long sleeve pjs while everyone else was in tank tops and shorts :/ bad call on my part, but anyway. We found out who we were riding with so I took /Alayahs car seat and put it in that persons car ( Jeremy had to drive a van) meanwhile someone was watching her for me, but she screamed and cried as she watched me out the window thinking I was leaving her. I came back in and asked when I should get her changed and sun screened up. I was told I had plenty of time, but then someone came to me and said hey we need to leave right now. Ha! So I hurried Alayah down to a empty class room ( the bathrooms have no changing tables :( This is a big problem!!!) I shut the door so everyone wouldnt stare in as they walked by and /I changed Alayah and put sun screen on her and put her swim suit on. What felt like forever later We came out and headed for the water park. Alayah was so excited we headed for the kiddie pool. The water in the highest part is just about to Alayahs waist. I like a dummy assumed she would hold my hand. She indeed had no intentions of that. So I followed along behind her and sure enough before long she tripped and I was snatching her up out of the water. Scared me, but she just coughed for a minute then was ready to play again. By the time afternoon came she was so whiny because it was way past her nap time. I took her into the changing area to put on dry clothes I got her changed then laid her on the bench while I changed and turned around to find her fast asleep. Now She is curled up sleeping on the couch and /im wishing I were too. I am exhausted after one day I cannot imagine how Moms do this daily!! Not to mention Moms who have more than one child!! I guess its that rewarding smile or giggle that gets you through, but I just wanna say to all the moms out there you are amazing I have so much respect and admiration for you.. God Bless You!!!!!
Although a challenging week I am thankful to have gotten to spend this week with Alayah. It has been a tiring week but a great week :) at the same time.
2 comments:
COOL VIDEO WOULD HAVE BEEN COOL TO SEE PASTOR LEE GOING DOWN GERANIMO!! HA HA LOVE MOM
I know I wish i had known I would have videoed him too!!! If I could even get to where I could video I hear they had a mob of kids watching lol
Post a Comment