Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Embarking on a Journey. . . . .

           I felt the call to adopt In January of 2013, although thats when I felt I knew for sure all through my life I have often thought of adoption. Jeremy was not so sure and I totally understood, its a HUGE decision. I begin to pray for him and asked God if adoption was what He wanted for us to get Jeremy on the same page as me. The truth is its hard to give up a dream of a baby thats part me and part Jeremy, but the truth is families are made many different ways and my (adopted) child is not plan b. Jeremy came to me a few nights ago and  said we would start the adoption journey in 2015. I was shocked, but absolutely overjoyed. I finally knew this is Gods plan for us. I finally understood so many things I have went through and questioned why. It all made sense. What I want my child to know and realize is they were never second choice, they are not here only because we couldnt have our own. They were Gods plan for us all along. They needed a Mom and Dad just as we longed to be parents and God had a perfect plan. Better than what we had dreamed or hoped.
     The next few months we will begin our search and begin researching adoption agencies. I know God will lead us to the one He wants us to use. I know most agencies want you to be in your thirtys. So this will narrow our search down since we are not in our thirtys, but that cannot stop Gods plan. I know that We dont have the money to fund the adoption, but I know God has a plan for that too. We are trusting and clinging to Him and His promises.
           We are scared, excited, and anxious to start on this new journey. We ask that you please pray for us and that God will show us which agency to choose. 

No comments: