I realized recently that I have never shared the story of how we knew Hong Kong was where our baby is. So here goes. . . .
When we decided it was time to pursue our first child through adoption, it was not a lightly took decision. After countless prayers we knew for certain it was Gods plan for us. We then began praying about agencies we applied to our first pick and praise the Lord we were accepted. All during this time we had been researching countries. I wont lie we had our minds set on Ghana, Africa. Our pastors family adopted two precious boys from Ghana and we wanted to adopt from there too. Did you catch that "We wanted to". Then we found out Ghana had placed a temporary band on adoption ( I dont know alot of the details). So this opened our eyes and we realized we needed to find the country God wanted us to chose. After all God knows our child already so He knows where He or She is. So we began to pray and seek His direction. Alot of countries we do not qualify for due to our age China was one of those countries. However we could adopt through Hong Kong. We fit every qualification and guideline. We both felt strangely drawn to Hong Kong. Our agency discussed all our country options with us. We continued to pray. Then our prayers begin to change a little and we began to pray about Hong Kong.
We both felt God had already given us our answer. We sent a email to our agency asking all about Hong Kong and any more information they could give us. We knew in our hearts God had caused our hearts to be drawn to Hong Kong and we felt certain that the child He had for us was there. A day later I got a email back that knocked us off our feet so to speak. The Hong Kong orphanage that our agency works withs mission is to place special needs children with there forever families. I wont lie we were in shock.
**** Im gonna be honest about how I felt and I pray it doesnt hurt anyones feelings.
My first thoughts were why? Why would God lead us to a special needs orphanage??
Next were the I cants. I cant do it! I have no idea how to care for a special needs child. We dont have enough experience. We just cant!!
Our minds were racing and so we began to pray. We asked God for direction, we asked for answers as to what His plan was.
In the end we knew and I think deep down from the moment we found out we knew. After prayers and prayer and more prayers we know our baby is in Hong Kong. We dont know who he or she is. We dont know what special needs they may have, but we trust that God will equip us to be ready for their specific needs. We know God wont leave us through all the difficulties that lie ahead. We know that many friends and family dont understand and cannot fathom why we would choose to have a child with special needs. My answer to that is you dont choose just as if we were pregnant God has chosen our child.
I ask that you pray for us as we have paperwork to fill out regarding what special needs we are open to and what we are not. Pray that God would guide us in our decision and we would not let our hearts or heads get in the way of His plan for us.
We know that our child WILL have developmental delays we ask that you pray for them and that we would be ready to help them. Its possible that they can come home and catch up, but thats not certain. What we want everyone to know is we are NOT sad. We love our child already and it does not matter to us what they look like or what special needs they have, they are ours. We will be there for them every step of the way. We will love them unconditionally as if we had given birth to them.
My baby lives in Hong Kong and He or She has special needs.
When we decided it was time to pursue our first child through adoption, it was not a lightly took decision. After countless prayers we knew for certain it was Gods plan for us. We then began praying about agencies we applied to our first pick and praise the Lord we were accepted. All during this time we had been researching countries. I wont lie we had our minds set on Ghana, Africa. Our pastors family adopted two precious boys from Ghana and we wanted to adopt from there too. Did you catch that "We wanted to". Then we found out Ghana had placed a temporary band on adoption ( I dont know alot of the details). So this opened our eyes and we realized we needed to find the country God wanted us to chose. After all God knows our child already so He knows where He or She is. So we began to pray and seek His direction. Alot of countries we do not qualify for due to our age China was one of those countries. However we could adopt through Hong Kong. We fit every qualification and guideline. We both felt strangely drawn to Hong Kong. Our agency discussed all our country options with us. We continued to pray. Then our prayers begin to change a little and we began to pray about Hong Kong.
Where is Hong Kong??
Hong Kong is located in the South Eastern tip of China.
We both felt God had already given us our answer. We sent a email to our agency asking all about Hong Kong and any more information they could give us. We knew in our hearts God had caused our hearts to be drawn to Hong Kong and we felt certain that the child He had for us was there. A day later I got a email back that knocked us off our feet so to speak. The Hong Kong orphanage that our agency works withs mission is to place special needs children with there forever families. I wont lie we were in shock.
**** Im gonna be honest about how I felt and I pray it doesnt hurt anyones feelings.
My first thoughts were why? Why would God lead us to a special needs orphanage??
Next were the I cants. I cant do it! I have no idea how to care for a special needs child. We dont have enough experience. We just cant!!
Our minds were racing and so we began to pray. We asked God for direction, we asked for answers as to what His plan was.
In the end we knew and I think deep down from the moment we found out we knew. After prayers and prayer and more prayers we know our baby is in Hong Kong. We dont know who he or she is. We dont know what special needs they may have, but we trust that God will equip us to be ready for their specific needs. We know God wont leave us through all the difficulties that lie ahead. We know that many friends and family dont understand and cannot fathom why we would choose to have a child with special needs. My answer to that is you dont choose just as if we were pregnant God has chosen our child.
I ask that you pray for us as we have paperwork to fill out regarding what special needs we are open to and what we are not. Pray that God would guide us in our decision and we would not let our hearts or heads get in the way of His plan for us.
We know that our child WILL have developmental delays we ask that you pray for them and that we would be ready to help them. Its possible that they can come home and catch up, but thats not certain. What we want everyone to know is we are NOT sad. We love our child already and it does not matter to us what they look like or what special needs they have, they are ours. We will be there for them every step of the way. We will love them unconditionally as if we had given birth to them.
My baby lives in Hong Kong and He or She has special needs.




1 comment:
Awesome! Proud to have you both in my life as dear friends. I love you all!
Post a Comment