Everyone was so right when they told us right in time the funds would arrive. God doesnt always provide them when we want Him too. I got a email saying our home study money was a month overdue, and we still only had about half of it and had no clue where the other half would come from. We prayed and prayed and I wouldnt say we gave up hope or our faith in God and His timing, but we got discouraged. We got stressed, we worried, we were overwhelmed.
Then a childhood friend of ours decided to help. Here is what She wrote
Welcome to Cupcakes for a Cause! My friends Jeremy and Stephanie Malone are adopting a baby. Some of you may know them others may not. They are currently raising funds for their home study, a vital process that will put them one step closer to meeting the child God has chosen for them. Cupcakes for a Cause is a secret fundraiser that I am starting through my bakery Sugar Branch Bakery to help them reach their goal of $1,200 so they can get their home study.I will be taking orders for the cupcakes between now and June 25th. Since I will be in Athens June 27th through June 29th anyone who lives in or around Athens will be able to get their cupcakes then. The cupcakes are $14 a dozen and 75% of the profits will be given to Jeremy and Stephanie. The other 25% will cover the cost of making the cupcakes and delivering them. I have known Jeremy and Stephanie since we were little. They are wonderful and loving people. They have dedicated their lives to God and have served as missionaries in Montana and are now active members in their home church in Sweetwater, TN. They are one of the most deserving couples I know. Jeremy and Stephanie DO NOT know about this fundraiser. Help me bless them and help them being Baby Malone home.
I accidentally found the event on facebook and I was so overwhelmed and overjoyed as I scrolled down the page and saw so many orders within hours of the event being created. In 12hours 26orders had already been placed!! It was amazing to watch God work. It was amazing to have someone take it upon themself to help us and to watch as we literally did nothing and God provide day after day.
As the weeks went on and it was almost time for Cupcakes for a Cause to end we had some friends and family donate and I still cant understand how because I can never get it to add up but God provided the 1100 more we needed for our homestudy.
So yesterday we paid for our home study and we still have the cupcake money to go towards the next cost of our adoption .My question is why do we doubt our God?? Why do we become anxious when He doesnt provide the second we want Him to, when we know the funds will come right on time! Why do we questions His goodness when He has proven Himself over and over throughout our lives.
Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her! Luke 1:45
I know God will continue to provide throughout our adoption. If you feel God is calling you to help provide you can send me a email at stephaniehmalone@gmail.com.
Or we have a gofundme account where you can give.
http://www.gofundme.com/8q2v58
We cannot wait until our little man is old enough to understand how friends, family, and even strangers came together to help bring Him home. Please continue to pray for us and our adoption.
God is so good!!
Then a childhood friend of ours decided to help. Here is what She wrote
Welcome to Cupcakes for a Cause! My friends Jeremy and Stephanie Malone are adopting a baby. Some of you may know them others may not. They are currently raising funds for their home study, a vital process that will put them one step closer to meeting the child God has chosen for them. Cupcakes for a Cause is a secret fundraiser that I am starting through my bakery Sugar Branch Bakery to help them reach their goal of $1,200 so they can get their home study.I will be taking orders for the cupcakes between now and June 25th. Since I will be in Athens June 27th through June 29th anyone who lives in or around Athens will be able to get their cupcakes then. The cupcakes are $14 a dozen and 75% of the profits will be given to Jeremy and Stephanie. The other 25% will cover the cost of making the cupcakes and delivering them. I have known Jeremy and Stephanie since we were little. They are wonderful and loving people. They have dedicated their lives to God and have served as missionaries in Montana and are now active members in their home church in Sweetwater, TN. They are one of the most deserving couples I know. Jeremy and Stephanie DO NOT know about this fundraiser. Help me bless them and help them being Baby Malone home.
I accidentally found the event on facebook and I was so overwhelmed and overjoyed as I scrolled down the page and saw so many orders within hours of the event being created. In 12hours 26orders had already been placed!! It was amazing to watch God work. It was amazing to have someone take it upon themself to help us and to watch as we literally did nothing and God provide day after day.
As the weeks went on and it was almost time for Cupcakes for a Cause to end we had some friends and family donate and I still cant understand how because I can never get it to add up but God provided the 1100 more we needed for our homestudy.
The total of cupcakes that were sold were 53 DOZEN!!!!!!!
Mandi who lives in West Virginia brought most of those cupcakes to Tennessee to deliver. I am still so thankful and amazed at all the work She did for us. I wanna tell you the grand total not to brag on us, but to brag on our God and how He provided $717!!!!!!So yesterday we paid for our home study and we still have the cupcake money to go towards the next cost of our adoption .My question is why do we doubt our God?? Why do we become anxious when He doesnt provide the second we want Him to, when we know the funds will come right on time! Why do we questions His goodness when He has proven Himself over and over throughout our lives.
Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her! Luke 1:45
I know God will continue to provide throughout our adoption. If you feel God is calling you to help provide you can send me a email at stephaniehmalone@gmail.com.
Or we have a gofundme account where you can give.
http://www.gofundme.com/8q2v58
We cannot wait until our little man is old enough to understand how friends, family, and even strangers came together to help bring Him home. Please continue to pray for us and our adoption.
God is so good!!

No comments:
Post a Comment