Hey guys just a little update to let you know all is well. We are still waiting to hear back from our home study so no new news there. We had an amazing photo shoot and cannot wait to share the pictures with you!!! Ivy did a fantastic job and She absolutely captured the joy we feel in knowing that God chose us to be our little mans parents. The joy in knowing that our prayers have been answered and although the process will be long and we will have struggles and hurts and in no way will it be easy at the end of this journey is a precious baby boy. Our precious baby boy. How overwhelming is that?!?!?
We also have some name reveal photos that we are so excited about. We love the name we have chosen for our son. Some are confused in how we have a name or even know its a boy when we do not yet know our son so here are the answers to those important questions :)
Obviously Jeremy always wanted a son. I absolutely did not care either way. We were asked by our social worker if we wanted to specify the gender and we both sit there silent not knowing the answer. We had always thought we would just leave it open and be surprised. Obviously knowing that we had no definite answer She told us we didnt have to tell her right then we could talk about it and let her know later. I prayed and prayed because I was dead set on not specifying that was our plan that was always the plan, but I could feel God speaking to me about a son. I dont know why , but I knew in my heart that I would have a son. We decided to specify the gender. That is how we know " its a boy" :) !!!!
We always wanted to pick a name. When we moved into the house we are renting in Sweetwater (that is a " God story" all in itself ) We moved the refrigerator and found one alphabet magnet. The letter "C" We had already been brain storming names and at the moment we both knew. So we looked at baby names and books and talked and discussed and after many weeks we picked a name. The decision to not share the name was just something we wanted to do. We wanted that one special secret that just the two of us shared. It has been so special for us to share that with only each other. Making it that much more special when we do share his name with family and friends.
Why change his name??
Its not because we "wont like His birth given name" Its just what we have chosen to do. So much will be up in the air until we know Him. Know his name, his age. Then we will be able to make actual decisions, but for now I will let you in on the plan. It all depends on so many things, but we do plan to keep his name. Will it be his first name or his middle name we cant answer that because we dont know. The name we have chosen will be in there somewhere first name, middle name we will know in time.
He will always have his birth given name in his name, I never ever wanna take that away from him. His past will always be apart of him, we never wanna hide or cover up any of it. We want to celebrate who he is and would never want to change him.I feel strongly about this and pray that I will always do my best to help him understand the beauty of adoption and the story of how God brought Him to us.
We plan to reveal his name ( the one we have chosen) sometime after we hear back from the home study.
So keep those prayers coming. Pray that all paperwork will be acceptable and that all is there and accounted for. Pray that if it be Gods will we would hear "Your home study has been approved "
Thank you for your continued prayer and support.
We also have some name reveal photos that we are so excited about. We love the name we have chosen for our son. Some are confused in how we have a name or even know its a boy when we do not yet know our son so here are the answers to those important questions :)
Obviously Jeremy always wanted a son. I absolutely did not care either way. We were asked by our social worker if we wanted to specify the gender and we both sit there silent not knowing the answer. We had always thought we would just leave it open and be surprised. Obviously knowing that we had no definite answer She told us we didnt have to tell her right then we could talk about it and let her know later. I prayed and prayed because I was dead set on not specifying that was our plan that was always the plan, but I could feel God speaking to me about a son. I dont know why , but I knew in my heart that I would have a son. We decided to specify the gender. That is how we know " its a boy" :) !!!!
We always wanted to pick a name. When we moved into the house we are renting in Sweetwater (that is a " God story" all in itself ) We moved the refrigerator and found one alphabet magnet. The letter "C" We had already been brain storming names and at the moment we both knew. So we looked at baby names and books and talked and discussed and after many weeks we picked a name. The decision to not share the name was just something we wanted to do. We wanted that one special secret that just the two of us shared. It has been so special for us to share that with only each other. Making it that much more special when we do share his name with family and friends.
Why change his name??
Its not because we "wont like His birth given name" Its just what we have chosen to do. So much will be up in the air until we know Him. Know his name, his age. Then we will be able to make actual decisions, but for now I will let you in on the plan. It all depends on so many things, but we do plan to keep his name. Will it be his first name or his middle name we cant answer that because we dont know. The name we have chosen will be in there somewhere first name, middle name we will know in time.
He will always have his birth given name in his name, I never ever wanna take that away from him. His past will always be apart of him, we never wanna hide or cover up any of it. We want to celebrate who he is and would never want to change him.I feel strongly about this and pray that I will always do my best to help him understand the beauty of adoption and the story of how God brought Him to us.
We plan to reveal his name ( the one we have chosen) sometime after we hear back from the home study.
So keep those prayers coming. Pray that all paperwork will be acceptable and that all is there and accounted for. Pray that if it be Gods will we would hear "Your home study has been approved "
Thank you for your continued prayer and support.
No comments:
Post a Comment