Dear Baby C,
I know people are gonna tell you lots of things, obviously not when your a baby but when your older they will. They will tell you we tried for "our own" baby but could never have one so we adopted you. Well maybe not that rude, but possibly. They might say we couldnt have "our own" so God sent us you. Even though thats nicer its still not true. Baby C. you are our own. You are our son. You were always meant to be our son. No I didnt give birth to you. I wasnt there for your first cry. I didnt get the privilege of hearing your first laugh or seeing your first smile. I may or maybe not be there cheering you on as you take your first steps. I missed alot of milestones and nothing can change that. However I will be there for all the important milestones in your future. I will be there ( bawling) when your caregiver places you in my arms. I will be there the day we carry you out of the only place you have ever known as home :/ It will be the best day of mine and your Daddys life but it will hurt knowing it will be terrifying for you. I will be there for the LOOONNNNGGGG plane ride home, holding you, rocking you, playing with you, doing my best to help you understand I am here to protect you and you have nothing to fear. I will be there when we walk into the airport with our family all around. I will be there when you meet your grandparents and all your family and friends. I will be there when you enter our home for the first time. I will be there when you sleep in your room for the first time and for the first time in months ( possibly years) I will breathe a sigh of relief knowing finally we are under the same roof. On down the road ( good Lord willing) I will be there ( crying like a baby) on your first day of school. I will be there when you have your first heartbreak. I will be there when you go to prom ( Ill be the one taking 2000 pictures :) I will be there when you graduate high school. I will be there for all your future milestones.
So when people say hurtful things hold your head high and know that You are our son. You are not here by chance or because we couldnt get what we actually wanted, you are here because Gods plan for all three of our lives. You are here because you are OUR SON. You are loved, you are wanted, you are ours. :) We love you Baby C. We are all waiting for you, we are all excited, we are all praying, We are all in love with you....You are our hope little man :) You are what we want.....You are ours :)
I know people are gonna tell you lots of things, obviously not when your a baby but when your older they will. They will tell you we tried for "our own" baby but could never have one so we adopted you. Well maybe not that rude, but possibly. They might say we couldnt have "our own" so God sent us you. Even though thats nicer its still not true. Baby C. you are our own. You are our son. You were always meant to be our son. No I didnt give birth to you. I wasnt there for your first cry. I didnt get the privilege of hearing your first laugh or seeing your first smile. I may or maybe not be there cheering you on as you take your first steps. I missed alot of milestones and nothing can change that. However I will be there for all the important milestones in your future. I will be there ( bawling) when your caregiver places you in my arms. I will be there the day we carry you out of the only place you have ever known as home :/ It will be the best day of mine and your Daddys life but it will hurt knowing it will be terrifying for you. I will be there for the LOOONNNNGGGG plane ride home, holding you, rocking you, playing with you, doing my best to help you understand I am here to protect you and you have nothing to fear. I will be there when we walk into the airport with our family all around. I will be there when you meet your grandparents and all your family and friends. I will be there when you enter our home for the first time. I will be there when you sleep in your room for the first time and for the first time in months ( possibly years) I will breathe a sigh of relief knowing finally we are under the same roof. On down the road ( good Lord willing) I will be there ( crying like a baby) on your first day of school. I will be there when you have your first heartbreak. I will be there when you go to prom ( Ill be the one taking 2000 pictures :) I will be there when you graduate high school. I will be there for all your future milestones.
So when people say hurtful things hold your head high and know that You are our son. You are not here by chance or because we couldnt get what we actually wanted, you are here because Gods plan for all three of our lives. You are here because you are OUR SON. You are loved, you are wanted, you are ours. :) We love you Baby C. We are all waiting for you, we are all excited, we are all praying, We are all in love with you....You are our hope little man :) You are what we want.....You are ours :)

No comments:
Post a Comment