Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I have a better plan. . . .

Did you know that you have to pray with a right heart??

Seriously if we want our prayers answered we need to come before God with a right heart.  Ever heard the saying its all in how you ask...Yep I have found that to be true with God as well.


My prayers for four years sounded the same. I begged to become pregnant. I cannot tell you how many times I sobbed because the words wouldnt come out, but God knew what those sobs meant. I asked, I begged, I sobbed, I whined, but each time I asked the same thing Lord would you please allow me to get pregnant. Would you let this be the month that my dreams come true.

For four years I waited and God didnt answer. I didnt understand I was crushed, I was confused, I was ANGRY. I asked Why??!!! Why Lord are you allowing  single woman to conceive, woman out of wedlock.....

Time went on and I was still praying. We then felt the call to move to Montana. While we were there I began changing. In serving the Lord I became closer to Him. I began to seek His will for my life and not my own. I begin to want to surrender to His plans for my life whatever they maybe.

I wasnt anger anymore. Then I met Mandi ( Alayahs Mom) who some of you may know is a single mom. Oops...Kinda hard to admit that you questioned why God would give single woman babies when your new friend is a single mom. Mandi told me her story one night. I wont share because its her story to tell, but I will never forget when the words come out of her mouth. I have never told her this, but It felt like after so many years God answered my question. "Alayah saved my life".

 All at once I understood. I knew that my God is faithful and who are we to question His ways. He has a plan and purpose for EVERYTHING He does. Even giving single moms babies.


From that point on my prayers began to change. I still asked, I still prayed, I still sobbed, but my heart was different and the words were different. "Lord would you give Jeremy and I a family."   My heart was finally right with Him. After that I didnt pray to get pregnant. I just prayed for a child to love and care for.

Then last year our family received a huge blessing when Kinlee  came into this world. I cannot tell you how She has changed our family.

 I cannot explain to you the way we all perk up when she is carried into the room,  but I can tell you that once again my question was answered and my God reminded me not to question His ways.  I know that I can speak for ALL of us when I say She is loved to the moon and back :) 











 Time went by and Still I prayed and asked for a family. Next thing you know its your turn
  So really all those years when I prayed and thought God hadnt answered He really was saying No thats not my plan for your life,  I have a better plan for you.



I encourage you to seek Gods will and to strive to pray with a right heart and be able to sincerely say not my will but your will be done.

I assure you God is faithful and will answer those prayers  just sometimes his answer is I have a better plan......

No comments: