Week 9 ( of 8-10 week wait) is here!!! We are thrilled to know soon we will hear news and have the most important travel dates of our lives.
But wait I need to tell you something that happened on week 6!!!! We received a update on December 8th. It was mainly things about Connor this time the notes came from one of his caregivers at the orphanage. It was awesome to hear more about his personality and likes and dislikes on simple everyday task, But we were shocked when along with the update were notes from AU (adoption unit in Hong Kong.) Saying that they anticipated that we would receive HCO ( Higher Court Order, travel comes 1-3 weeks after receiving HCO.) before Christmas! The week of Christmas was week 8 ( of 8-10 week wait.) but we never expected it that soon due to the holiday and so many traveling and out of the office. Thats not all we were given expected travel dates!!!!! I cannot tell you the joy and excitement that filled me to finally see a date in front of me!! It made it so much more real and all I could think is MY BABY IS ACTUALLY COMING HOME!!!!
We were told to begin looking at tickets but not to buy until we received HCO confirmation and were given the go ahead.
We chose not to tell and to surprise our parents for Christmas. Oh it was the longest two weeks ever and it was so hard to continue giving updates for weeks 7 and 8, but I knew I had to in order to keep our secret.
So for Christmas we handed our parents a card and said this is from Connor. The front said Merry Christmas and the inside said I cant wait to meet you on January 15th,
We secretly videoed the whole thing and it turned out so awesome and a memory we can always look back on and cherish.
Could these dates change??? Yes, sadly HCO did not come before Christmas so until its confirmed they could change. We anticipate HCO to come this week and are very hopeful that that will keep us right on track to travel the week we were told. Either way Connor is coming home very soon and we are so thrilled to share that news with you.
Please continue to pray as we wait for more news. I will keep you updated I promise hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment