Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A sign that I can do both....

  Sometimes we ask God for a sign and its not the answer we expected or even wanted. Before I start let me reassure all those reading that I LOVE my job. Hectic and stressful at times but so many hugs and I love yous as well. With that being said let me begin.....

I always always always wanted to be a stay at home mom. When asked even in high school what I wanted to be or do with my life my answer was I want to be a mother.

So now my dreams are coming true and no matter how I tried to do the math it seemed that staying home with my little love was just a unrealistic dream.  Sure we could make it, but with no extra money. However I refused to believe such a thing and I prayed and prayed that God would send me a sign of what His plan was for me. Of course I just knew that it would all go in my favor.

All plans seemed to fall through and I just couldnt believe that this was it. I would have to give up my dream of spending every second with my baby boy. I would have to experience that first time of leaving him and then I would have to do that over and over again 5 days a week, 40 hours away from him each week. I continued to pray for a sign of what I was suppose to do.


A few months ago I was eligible for insurance through my job, nope not doing that because that would mean I would be stuck. As I continued to pray my heart began to change what if I was meant to do both??  Still I wasnt convinced.

Then one day I realized that taking insurance through my job and coming off of Jeremys insurance through his work would save us almost $100!!! What???  Still  I tried to push it from my mind and persuade myself that this wasnt my sign.  When surprise I received a raise and the raise covered almost exactly what I would be paying for insurance!!! Seriously??

So I receive a raise that is exactly the amount to pay for my insurance and I save $100 which will be what we need to pay for Connors Child care each week.

So it wasnt exactly how my dreams went, but I cant complain because I have a child I love and a job I love and God sent me that sign and I know im meant to do both.




No comments: