Connors not home this Christmas. Let that sink in.
It hurts.
I'll wake up Christmas morning and I will not go in his room and lift him out of his crib. I won't see those ten tiny fingers open gifts.
I won't see smiles or hear giggles as he is surrounded by his family who are showering him with gifts.
And yes it hurts.....a lot.
I could be sad and although I can't say there won't be any sadness, i can say I choose different.
I choose happiness.
I will smile in knowing that next Christmas I will be standing in the ridiculously long line at the mall to see Santa. I will be watching his expression and take a million pictures of him opening all his gifts. I will see him surrounded by his family and I will smile knowing God not only gave us this precious boy but I will let the bewilderment sink in that comes from knowing that because we followed Gods calling on our lives this precious soul has a family who will love him forever.
I will hold my head high this Christmas and will rejoice in knowing it will be our last one apart.
The emptiness and sadness wont win this year because I choose different this Christmas.
It hurts.
I'll wake up Christmas morning and I will not go in his room and lift him out of his crib. I won't see those ten tiny fingers open gifts.
I won't see smiles or hear giggles as he is surrounded by his family who are showering him with gifts.
And yes it hurts.....a lot.
I could be sad and although I can't say there won't be any sadness, i can say I choose different.
I choose happiness.
I will smile in knowing that next Christmas I will be standing in the ridiculously long line at the mall to see Santa. I will be watching his expression and take a million pictures of him opening all his gifts. I will see him surrounded by his family and I will smile knowing God not only gave us this precious boy but I will let the bewilderment sink in that comes from knowing that because we followed Gods calling on our lives this precious soul has a family who will love him forever.
I will hold my head high this Christmas and will rejoice in knowing it will be our last one apart.
The emptiness and sadness wont win this year because I choose different this Christmas.

No comments:
Post a Comment