Thursday, January 21, 2016

One week ago....

One week ago we carried Connor out of the orphanage and began life as a family of three. I could say that this was the first time he has been loved or had a family but that would be  complete lie. All the caregivers and volunteers were his family and oh the love he felt from them I cannot even describe it to you!!! I cant even begin to tell you  all the amazing things they have done for Connor or us!!! Somedays I feel guilty for taking him from them and there love and what he knew as home. I know that seems so ridiculous to those who have not been through it, but I believe alot of adoptive parents go through this. Especially when seeing their child grieve the loss of their previous life. However I know He will have a good life now also, with a family who is crazy about him and that's what all the workers and volunteers wanted for their sweet "Tim Tim". I have already sent them a update and photos and will continue to throughout his life after all he was their baby before he was mine.
   Connor experienced his first snow. He was not impressed and immediately went back to the door and tried getting back in the house!
Connor continues to get more and more comfortable with us.
The only time he cries or gets upset is when he is tired, which happens alot with the 13 hour time difference. I know he will get the hang of it eventually and their will be alot less tears.
Connors favorite thing is bath time. He splashes and yells. Oh the amount of water in the bathroom floor afterwards, but those giggles And that smile are worth it.
Connor loves to eat and is always eager for mealtime, although it's very messy he is extremely good at feeding himself. We encourage him to feed himself alot not because we do not want to help him but because it helps his hand eye coordination. We are always looking for fun ways to squeeze in PT, OT, and ST.
We love this little boy so much and know that God sure knew what He was doing when He placed his child study into our laps and said "this is him." I still remember the first time I realized that He was my baby. It's amazing  the things God will reveal when we seek him and say not my will but thine be done. If we had continued to be stubborn and go our way we would have missed out on this incredible child. And oh the love and joy we would have never known.

Connor, I love being your mother. Everyday is a adventure and I'm so glad your my tour guide. Mama loves you so much!!!!

No comments: