Thursday, January 14, 2016

Prayer changes everything

Oh what a difference your prayers can make. Connor decided that he was a daddy's boy and while mommy is cool with that. What hurt is along with that He decided that he wanted nothing to do with me at all. He cried if I tried to hold him and refused to let me do anything for him. I immediately began praying (through sobs while locked in the bathroom) I emailed, facebooked, and tweeted asking everyone to pray.  Our prayers were heard by the Master!!!!
   Yesterday when Connor woke from a nap and began to cry I asked Jeremy to allow me to try and get him. I picked him up and swayed and sang to him while looking out our hotel window over looking the buildings outside. His cries stopped and he laid his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around me. From that moment  on he loves Mommy too!!! Oh the relief it brings and how much sweeter it is now when he wraps those tiny arms around me!!!

   Yesterday was our first day as a family, Connor was discharged from the orphanage. Much to our surprise he gave hugs, kisses, and waved bye. No tears except from the workers and some from Mommy. Again I have absolutely no doubt it was because so many were lifting our little guy in prayer. It would have upset the workers so deeply to see him cry and be upset. Once at the hotel Connor began to weep and it was heart breaking to know the great loss that he had no idea would come in the following days. Although we will love him and he will love us and he will have a awesome life, he will still never get this life back and he will mourn the loss of it and all those he loves here.
  Connor is doing exceptionally well considering and we ask you to please continue to lift him up, especially tonight as we begin to pack up all our things and he will know something is up and it will make him even more anxious. We ask that you lift him up as we travel over 20 hours tomorrow. Pray that God would give him peace and Jeremy and I to be able to comfort him the best that we can.
   Thank you for your continued prayers!!!

No comments: