It's hasn't even sunk in that we will be meeting our son tomorrow. I've prepared, planned, and dreamed of this day for 21 months, there were times I felt it would never come. It always seemed like so far out in the future and then bam were in Hong Kong. We were walking down the streets of Hong Kong today just exploring and I looked over at Jeremy and said are we really here, is this really happening?? We were matched with Connor in July so for 6 months we begged God to bring him home. We prayed over him specifically daily. Yet somehow getting to this step seemed to come so fast. I feel like we're in a whirlwind and I'm just trying to catch up. I'm sure I will look back at this one day and laugh at the sleep deprived crazy lady who was speaking. This time difference really is whipping my butt and maybe it's also being in a different country which is a whole new experience for me. I'm not sure but everything now seems to be on fast forward and I can't catch up.
However we love Hong Kong and had a great first day, we look forward to things slowing down a bit. If that's even possible with a toddler. It just hasn't hit me yet that our sweet boy will be going home with us. I have envisioned it a million times and yet now that it's here I can't fathom it. I am thrilled and beyond excited and yet my body feels so tired and exhausted that I don't feel much emotion at all. It's such a crazy thing. Anyway ask me tomorrow how not feeling any emotion went, (because I know when I see that little face I will be overcome with emotion:))
Sunday, January 10, 2016
Whirlwind
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment