A new Season is coming up for me......
I accepted a job at Sweetwater High School as a Special Ed and CDC Assistant. Leaving Tri County Center was extremely hard!!! I have never had such a hard time leaving a job it was truly heartbreaking, but this new opportunity is going to be life changing for our family. Not to mention being able to enrich the lives of teenagers Ill also have tons more time to spend with Connor. It is just such a privilege to know I will be able to be with him on all breaks from school. The pros are out of this world. The hard part is saying goodbye to so many I love very much. I will go visit, but it will never be the same as spending those 40 hours a week laughing and growing with them.
When I started working at TCC three years ago I had no idea what all would happen in those three years. We were in the very beginning steps of our adoption journey when I started and I had no idea that I would be the mother of a adorable little boy with Down Syndrome. I truly believe that God placed me exactly where I needed to be. So that I could grow and learn and not be so afraid. Working side by side with several individuals with Down Syndrome as well as others with intellectual disabilities changed me and I have no doubt in my mind that im a better mother for it. Actually im a better person for it. Im not the same girl who walked in for that interview three years ago, I know I was placed specifically there for a much higher purpose than to make money.
And now Im beginning again and beginnings are so scary. No one likes going out of there comfort zone because well its uncomfortable!! However I believe its time for this new season and as much as my heart breaks to move on I know that I am about to grow and change and possibly one day say Im a better person than I was the day I walked into Sweetwater High School.
Please continue to pray for me as I learn my new roles in this new and exciting season.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
I accepted a job at Sweetwater High School as a Special Ed and CDC Assistant. Leaving Tri County Center was extremely hard!!! I have never had such a hard time leaving a job it was truly heartbreaking, but this new opportunity is going to be life changing for our family. Not to mention being able to enrich the lives of teenagers Ill also have tons more time to spend with Connor. It is just such a privilege to know I will be able to be with him on all breaks from school. The pros are out of this world. The hard part is saying goodbye to so many I love very much. I will go visit, but it will never be the same as spending those 40 hours a week laughing and growing with them.
When I started working at TCC three years ago I had no idea what all would happen in those three years. We were in the very beginning steps of our adoption journey when I started and I had no idea that I would be the mother of a adorable little boy with Down Syndrome. I truly believe that God placed me exactly where I needed to be. So that I could grow and learn and not be so afraid. Working side by side with several individuals with Down Syndrome as well as others with intellectual disabilities changed me and I have no doubt in my mind that im a better mother for it. Actually im a better person for it. Im not the same girl who walked in for that interview three years ago, I know I was placed specifically there for a much higher purpose than to make money.
And now Im beginning again and beginnings are so scary. No one likes going out of there comfort zone because well its uncomfortable!! However I believe its time for this new season and as much as my heart breaks to move on I know that I am about to grow and change and possibly one day say Im a better person than I was the day I walked into Sweetwater High School.
Please continue to pray for me as I learn my new roles in this new and exciting season.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:
Post a Comment