Today im gonna answer questions im frequently asked.
Howl long have you been married??
In April we will celebrate 10 years of marriage!!!
How old were you when you got married??
I had been 19 for 4 short weeks when I got married.
Why did you decide to adopt??
God made it very clear that it was his plan for us to adopt a child. We began the journey in 2014.
Did you know you wanted to adopt a child with Down Syndrome?
No. We were asked to fill out paperwork saying what diagnosis and special needs we were open to and somewhere there is a paper with my hand writing with a NO written beside Down Syndrome. Isnt it amazing how God can change hearts!!!!
Did you want a girl or boy??
In the beginning we didnt care either way. However a few months in we felt God telling us we would have a son. We then let our agency know that we wanted to pursue a boy.
How long was the adoption process?
From the first piece of paperwork to holding Connor in our arms was 21 months. It was 27 months before everything was done and final and he was legally a Malone at last.
Could you not have your own??
Ive been asked this more times than I can count and first off its rude. I like to respond with I did have my own. I have no doubt that God knew when he created me that this child would be my son.
In regards to biological children we tried for 7 years. It never happened. Could it happen?? Sure and it could not. Only God knows what the future holds.
However Connor is not plan B. He is not mine because I couldnt have biological children. He was always meant to be ours regardless. And he is the perfect fit into our family.
Will you adopt again??
I would like to think yes, but the truth is we fully believe adoption is a calling from God so its not for us to say. If he calls, we will follow.
Do you know anything about Connors biological parents??
We have basic information about them. We have no contact with them at this time, however we have reach out to his biological mother and are awaiting a reply. We are open to a relationship if she is.
How did you know God was calling you to adopt??
It was a aching in our hearts that would not go way. We both felt it. We literally felt like someone was missing.
Is the adoption process hard??
The adoption process is extremely difficult, but so so worth it.
How much did he cost?
Ive literally been asked this more than once. I like to start out by saying he is a person and he was not bought. Therefore he didnt cost anything. The adoption fees ( agency fees, country fees, travel) were right at $20.000
Wow I could never afford that!! How did you do it??
We literally had no money saved. We funded our adoption by working our butts off and fundraising for every single dime of that $20,000. God foots the bill when its his plan.
Got more questions?? Feel free to Comment below I love to talk about our journey.
Howl long have you been married??
In April we will celebrate 10 years of marriage!!!
How old were you when you got married??
I had been 19 for 4 short weeks when I got married.
Why did you decide to adopt??
God made it very clear that it was his plan for us to adopt a child. We began the journey in 2014.
Did you know you wanted to adopt a child with Down Syndrome?
No. We were asked to fill out paperwork saying what diagnosis and special needs we were open to and somewhere there is a paper with my hand writing with a NO written beside Down Syndrome. Isnt it amazing how God can change hearts!!!!
Did you want a girl or boy??
In the beginning we didnt care either way. However a few months in we felt God telling us we would have a son. We then let our agency know that we wanted to pursue a boy.
How long was the adoption process?
From the first piece of paperwork to holding Connor in our arms was 21 months. It was 27 months before everything was done and final and he was legally a Malone at last.
Could you not have your own??
Ive been asked this more times than I can count and first off its rude. I like to respond with I did have my own. I have no doubt that God knew when he created me that this child would be my son.
In regards to biological children we tried for 7 years. It never happened. Could it happen?? Sure and it could not. Only God knows what the future holds.
However Connor is not plan B. He is not mine because I couldnt have biological children. He was always meant to be ours regardless. And he is the perfect fit into our family.
Will you adopt again??
I would like to think yes, but the truth is we fully believe adoption is a calling from God so its not for us to say. If he calls, we will follow.
Do you know anything about Connors biological parents??
We have basic information about them. We have no contact with them at this time, however we have reach out to his biological mother and are awaiting a reply. We are open to a relationship if she is.
How did you know God was calling you to adopt??
It was a aching in our hearts that would not go way. We both felt it. We literally felt like someone was missing.
Is the adoption process hard??
The adoption process is extremely difficult, but so so worth it.
How much did he cost?
Ive literally been asked this more than once. I like to start out by saying he is a person and he was not bought. Therefore he didnt cost anything. The adoption fees ( agency fees, country fees, travel) were right at $20.000
Wow I could never afford that!! How did you do it??
We literally had no money saved. We funded our adoption by working our butts off and fundraising for every single dime of that $20,000. God foots the bill when its his plan.
Got more questions?? Feel free to Comment below I love to talk about our journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment