How is it even possible that Jeremy and I have been married 10 years! It seems almost unfathomable!! It seems like yesterday that I was walking down that isle toward my best friend and yet a lot of life has happened between then and now. So in honor of our special day I’m gonna tell you 10 things I love about Jeremy if he ever reads this (he never reads my blog) I have no doubt he will hate it because we’re not really into the lovey Sappy stuff. But here goes...
10 things I love about Jeremy.
10 things I love about Jeremy.
- He’s so kind.Ok I know this is ridiculously sappy, but it’s true. This man adores me. From the very start this man treated me so kind (which sadly was all new to me as far as boyfriends and I pushed him away a lot.) No matter how I treated him he was good to me. After being married awhile things change it’s inevitable really. You swear they won’t but they do because life gets busy and between kids and jobs life gets a whole lot more stressful, but one thing that hasn’t changed is how kind Jeremy is to me.
- He respects me as a mother. Let’s face it you can talk about how you want to be as parents all day long but until that babys in your arms you have no clue how you’ll be as a parent. Jeremy has told me more than once what a good mother I am and honestly I think all mamas need that affirmation. He is wonderful about listening and letting me lead in a lot of ways with Connor. He knows how long I waited to be a mother and even though he waited just as long to be a daddy he often makes me feel more important in that aspect.
- He is a incredible daddy. Jeremy loves Connor unconditionally. I know that he will always love and care for him even if there comes a day that I can’t I have the reassurance that he will and that is one of the best feelings.
- He is a provider. Jeremy works super hard to provide for us. Yes I work too but Jeremy takes care of all the bills and financial stuff. Not even gonna lie I have no idea when any of our bills are due or how much money we have in the bank. So if you see me ask before I buy something it’s not because he’s controlling, it’s because I literally have no idea if we have the money to buy it
- He loves the Lord. This is huge! Jeremy’s always loved the Lord I have no doubt. However when we first got married he wasn’t involved in church and a few of his priorities were way out of wack. I won’t go into any huge details cause that’s his story to tell, but God has surely changed him. He is worship leader at our church and unless we’re sick we do not miss. Looking back at how he has grown and changed in his walk with Christ is overwhelming.
- He doesn’t fight with me. Honestly this is one of the things I love most about him, and it’s not because he lets me have my way or vis versa. Sure we disagree but we always compromise and as far as knock down drag outs I don’t know that we’ve ever had one. The man has never called me a bad name, or raised his voice to me. He has never laid a hand on me in a unkind way and sadly in our society today that is huge.
- He makes me laugh. Life is tough and often too serious that’s why I’m so thankful for laughter. Jeremy always makes me laugh.
- He’s not controlling. Jeremy is probably the least controlling person I know. I spend a lot of time with my family and he is 100% supportive of that. I honestly don’t have a lot of friends that I hangout with, but I know if I did he would be fine with it.
- He’s so laidback. Jeremy is such a go with the flow person. Plans change no big deal to him. He definitely keeps me grounded with this trait since I’m the exact opposite and tend to freak out when things don’t go as planned.
- He’s the leader but he never acts like it. Ok so we know that the Bible says the man is head of the household. Jeremy is definitely our leader, but he doesn’t act like it. This goes back to him not being controlling. He has never tried to boss me around or control what I do and that’s why it’s so easy to follow his lead and allow him to be our leader in our house.
I could go on forever, but I’ll leave it at 10. I’m so lucky to have this man in my life and am so grateful he is mine.










No comments:
Post a Comment