You share too much on social media! Why yes, yes I do and heres why.
I have been told often "I don't know how you do it" " I could never do that" "God only gives special children to special people" "You guys are so brave" and I could go on and on. And while I am grateful and so appreciative for the comments I want to share my life to show you your wrong.
I want to show you that you indeed could do it. That were just two ordinary people, brave? Im filled with fear practically on a daily basis.
So I share my life on social media. To show my friends and family that I'm just struggling along like everyone else. Im far from brave as I share often. I share the good along with the bad in hopes that others will realize they could do it too.
I am very open about our adoption journey. The thought process behind that is in hopes that I can help someone who feels called to adopt also, but has so many questions and doubts. So im an open book to show the world they can do it and its so worth it.
I share ( to an extent) about finances to help others who might be letting the money side of adoption hold them back. Who think they need to be loaded to step forward and bring a child into their lives. Who think money buys happiness. Were a paycheck to paycheck family. We often worry about how we'll pay all the medical bills and that $20,000 for the adoption only by Gods faithfulness did we pay it. I still am overwhelmed by the people who stepped forward and donated even folks we didn't even know. It certainly didn't come easy we fundraised and begged the entire way, and God provided every dime just like He always does.
I share a lot about Connors medical issues. I share this to educate, but also for the prayers. So many specialist and surgeries. Hospital stays and sicknesses I love to keep everyone in the loop and up to date on Connor, and we covet everyones prayers through it all.
I share about my love for Connor to show that its possible to love a child who is not biologically yours just as much as if they were. To show that adoption is beautiful and complicated and tough and scary and so many other things, but its a beautiful story of redemption every time.
I share about Down Syndrome to advocate. To show those mamas who were just given the diagnosis that their gonna have good lives and their babies are worth living. To put a end to the stigma that surrounds Down Syndrome. To give encouragement and education to those who don't understand or comprehend all the wonderful qualities these incredible individuals bring to the world.
I share about the IEP meetings, and scary moments. The health scares and specialist appointments. The milestones and delays. I share it all.
I share the tough stuff that no one wants to talk about like will my child read and write. Will my child speak or be nonverbal. Will my child intellectually be my baby forever. Who will my child become. What does our future look like. I share the worry and fears but also the triumphs and highs of being a special needs parent.
I share about infertility and whats it like to feel your body is broken and has failed you. I share about the heartbreak and pain. The loss and heartache. The grieving of a life that was never even there to grieve . I share for those who are walking that road and see no light at the end of the tunnel and although my story doesn't give hope for a pregnancy it does share light on how God can make a way. How his plans are better than ours, but we have to cling to Him and let Him lead the way. To show others that although we struggled with infertility it did not end us, because we were given beauty in place of the ashes that once doomed us and hid our hopes to have a family.
I share so that others may want to know the God I know. So that they may realize the only way I get through each day, each second is with Him. So that I can show He will take our failures and shame and turn it all around if we'll trust in Him. To show that we are never too far gone to be used by Him. To show that He has a plan and purpose for us all and if we will follow Him, only He can turn our life around. To show that all peace and contentment even in the worst life can brings comes through Him. To show that He is still on the throne and doing miracles everyday. To show that through Him there is Life everlasting. To show that Hes always there and we'll see Him if we'll only slow down to look for Him.
I share the happy the sad. The excitement and fear. The chaos and peace. The overcomes and setbacks. The fear and contentment. The highs and lows. The good and bad. I share it all and often yes I overshare, but only because if it can help just one person then it was all worth being open about.
I don't leave much out. Cause I want the world to see, to understand. I want to change hearts and minds. I want to leave our mark. I want to be authentic and upfront. I want others to be able to share in our happy moments and sad moments and my hope is that others will see our story as a testimony of Gods love and faithfulness. That we will be seen as two ordinary people who were often filled with fear, but who put one foot in front of the other and never stopped. Even when life got tough and scary moments came we kept going and the joy and good times outweighed the other times because we had made up our minds that they would.
So yes I overshare and I wont stop.
I have been told often "I don't know how you do it" " I could never do that" "God only gives special children to special people" "You guys are so brave" and I could go on and on. And while I am grateful and so appreciative for the comments I want to share my life to show you your wrong.
I want to show you that you indeed could do it. That were just two ordinary people, brave? Im filled with fear practically on a daily basis.
So I share my life on social media. To show my friends and family that I'm just struggling along like everyone else. Im far from brave as I share often. I share the good along with the bad in hopes that others will realize they could do it too.
I am very open about our adoption journey. The thought process behind that is in hopes that I can help someone who feels called to adopt also, but has so many questions and doubts. So im an open book to show the world they can do it and its so worth it.
I share ( to an extent) about finances to help others who might be letting the money side of adoption hold them back. Who think they need to be loaded to step forward and bring a child into their lives. Who think money buys happiness. Were a paycheck to paycheck family. We often worry about how we'll pay all the medical bills and that $20,000 for the adoption only by Gods faithfulness did we pay it. I still am overwhelmed by the people who stepped forward and donated even folks we didn't even know. It certainly didn't come easy we fundraised and begged the entire way, and God provided every dime just like He always does.
I share a lot about Connors medical issues. I share this to educate, but also for the prayers. So many specialist and surgeries. Hospital stays and sicknesses I love to keep everyone in the loop and up to date on Connor, and we covet everyones prayers through it all.
I share about my love for Connor to show that its possible to love a child who is not biologically yours just as much as if they were. To show that adoption is beautiful and complicated and tough and scary and so many other things, but its a beautiful story of redemption every time.
I share about Down Syndrome to advocate. To show those mamas who were just given the diagnosis that their gonna have good lives and their babies are worth living. To put a end to the stigma that surrounds Down Syndrome. To give encouragement and education to those who don't understand or comprehend all the wonderful qualities these incredible individuals bring to the world.
I share about the IEP meetings, and scary moments. The health scares and specialist appointments. The milestones and delays. I share it all.
I share the tough stuff that no one wants to talk about like will my child read and write. Will my child speak or be nonverbal. Will my child intellectually be my baby forever. Who will my child become. What does our future look like. I share the worry and fears but also the triumphs and highs of being a special needs parent.
I share about infertility and whats it like to feel your body is broken and has failed you. I share about the heartbreak and pain. The loss and heartache. The grieving of a life that was never even there to grieve . I share for those who are walking that road and see no light at the end of the tunnel and although my story doesn't give hope for a pregnancy it does share light on how God can make a way. How his plans are better than ours, but we have to cling to Him and let Him lead the way. To show others that although we struggled with infertility it did not end us, because we were given beauty in place of the ashes that once doomed us and hid our hopes to have a family.
I share so that others may want to know the God I know. So that they may realize the only way I get through each day, each second is with Him. So that I can show He will take our failures and shame and turn it all around if we'll trust in Him. To show that we are never too far gone to be used by Him. To show that He has a plan and purpose for us all and if we will follow Him, only He can turn our life around. To show that all peace and contentment even in the worst life can brings comes through Him. To show that He is still on the throne and doing miracles everyday. To show that through Him there is Life everlasting. To show that Hes always there and we'll see Him if we'll only slow down to look for Him.
I share the happy the sad. The excitement and fear. The chaos and peace. The overcomes and setbacks. The fear and contentment. The highs and lows. The good and bad. I share it all and often yes I overshare, but only because if it can help just one person then it was all worth being open about.
I don't leave much out. Cause I want the world to see, to understand. I want to change hearts and minds. I want to leave our mark. I want to be authentic and upfront. I want others to be able to share in our happy moments and sad moments and my hope is that others will see our story as a testimony of Gods love and faithfulness. That we will be seen as two ordinary people who were often filled with fear, but who put one foot in front of the other and never stopped. Even when life got tough and scary moments came we kept going and the joy and good times outweighed the other times because we had made up our minds that they would.
So yes I overshare and I wont stop.

No comments:
Post a Comment