Thursday, May 10, 2012

Innocent Giggles at Beyond Borders for Christ :)

Well for those who don't know I have my own class on wednesday nights now :). We have 5 classes for certain age groups and the youngest is Joys class which is PreK-1st grade. We have 2 workers at the school who have younger children tho so We were really in need of a younger class. Which is a blessing to me because anyone who knows me knows How I love babies! So After getting permission to use another room I finally started my class last wednesday. I will post pictures of my room soon. It was a room we were actually using to store our music equipment. I of course decorated (mostly because I was so excited) but also because I want it to be fun and welcoming. We have had moms before bring there kids in kicking and crying and begging them not to leave them So I thought a friendly atmosphere might help a little. My class is for 3 and under. This is our schedule We come to our room at 6 and have our lesson. Depending on if I have any little babies this can be as short as saying a memory verse together and of course We always sing "Jesus Loves me". If we don't have any little babies We have a bible story and then normally color a coloring sheet that goes with that story and has our memory verse for that week on it. I have them repeat the memory verse after me and then we say it together. We have a box of toys for playtime. At 6:30 we head to the kitchen to eat. We leave there about 7 and if its pretty We head to the playground If its too cold or rainy We go to the gym and play instead. At 7:15 the Big kids (highschoolers) come to the gym So I get my babies out of there. We normally head back to our class and they can play with there toys till 7:30 when the buses leave and there parents come get them. To some this sounds like just another job. But to me its a huge blessing!!! This Week I had two little girls ones 2 and ones 3 . I have there picture But I am gonna ask permission before I tell there names or post there picture. Anyway when we went back to class after gym time ( the wind was blowing to hard so we didnt go to the playground) The girls sit down on a blanket I have on the floor and laughed. So they start cracking me up and I said " Girls do you have the giggles" And they laughed and said YES!!! Everyone who came by our room could hear them and poked there head in to see what was so funny ( which None of us still know what they were laughing at). Those innocent giggles are so refreshing to hear and I'm so glad that I can be apart of teaching them about Jesus.




No comments: