Monday, July 16, 2012

Are We really getting it??

So I am doing the bible study " Experiencing God" . We are just into our  3rd week but I am already amazed at what im learning and feel that im growing from it already. Anyway it talks alot about God trying to talk to us and were not listening. So of course I get to thinking and I start rememebering stuff and i'm not sure if im looking too deep into it or If maybe God was trying to give me vision along time ago and I just wasnt listening.

 I was a senior in high school and of course everyone was talking about college and what they were going to do with there life and I didnt have a clue. I knew I didnt wanna go to college but other than that I had no plans. But I had this strong feeling that I was not meant to stay in Athens Tn. So As weeks went on and it got to be a few months before graduation I Seriously considered joining the Army. I just had this feeling that I was meant for more than staying in Tn. I didnt know what to do. Well I ended up not joining the Army I just never felt it was completely the right thing to do. So after I graduated I started dating Jeremy and 8 months later I'm married. But all wasnt happily ever after and i secretly dealth with depression. It just all felt wrong and for one I know for a fact my relationship with God was not where it was suppose to be. But I cant help but wonder if the feeling in high school and the depression was all because God was trying to call me into missions. I guess I will never really know the answer. I finally got my relationship with God right and not long after the depression was gone and I remember the moment I really felt God speaking to me about Montana. It was july 2010 and a group from our church had just come back from there mission trip from Hungry Horse. During there presentation I just got the feeling that I was suppose to go there. So I said ok Lord We will go on the mission trip with them next year. I can just imagine How frustrating it must be to God when We arent really getting what He is trying to tell us. Little did we know by the next year when the church came on the mission trip We would be living here.:) The night of the presentation Jeremy even sang a song He wrote about missions called "Go anyway" and its just amazing to see God work. I am so glad We finally got what He was really trying to tell us.  Once We surrendered to Gods call on our lives. It was insane how things started falling together. He had it all planned out for us. It feels great to completely trust Him with our lives. My only regret is that maybe I didnt listen close enough sooner, but I cant give him back my past I can only give him my present and future and I plan to do just that :)

No comments: