Monday, July 16, 2012

God's Working all around us!!

Gods working all around us but how often are We to busy to miss the blessing of seeing Him at work??
Here is a awesome story about just that.

 So My parents bought this book I cant remember the exact title but its a book for Missionary Parents. Well mostly its about oversea missionaries but still some of it applies to us and our situation. So my Dad read it and now my Mom is reading it but alot of it has been hard for her to get through because She cant really relate to it and as she put it "its boring" haha. But Dad has been telling her it gets better so she is still reading it. So as most everyone knows We left to head here July 5th 2011.The day holds so many sad memories so it was and probably always will be a emotional day for all of us.  So on July 5th (2012)Mom was at work on her lunch break reading the book and she had just enough time to read one more page before time for her to clock back in and this was the page she read

  So See, Lord? My Hands Are Still Open

Nobody said it is easy,
opening our hands in release,
But Jesus said if we trust and obey,
He will give us His peace.
I've struggled with holding too tightly,
knowing that she can't remain,
And, in the process, I finally saw
that I just increased the pain.

I've prayed for protection for so many years,
and Lord, I don't plan to stop now.
I can't keep my daughter away from all harm,
and now I've made a new vow:
To give you our daughter again, like I have
so many times before,
But this time for missions----wherever you want.
I trust you to open the door.

So See, Lord? My hands are still open.
Use us however you choose.
I'm trusting you for tomorrow,
Knowing with you We can't lose.
Thank you for being my Savior and Lord,
and making her your own design.
Keep using her as your witness, and Lord,
keeping loving that daughter of mine.
                                                                                                  ---1990,  Nancy Stoppelkamp


Wow How amazing that She read this poem on July 5th!! So see if she had quit reading it she would have missed These comforting words. There is no doubt that God puts things like this together He knows exactly what We need and when we need it. So keep your eyes open and watch for Him because He is working all around you.




No comments: