
So last night was CRAZY but fun for the kids so its ok :) We had story time about Jesus and the little Children and then We sang "Jesus Loves The Little Children" Which to my surprise they sang randomly the rest of the night as they were playing and stuff. So I think I finally found a song they all like. (The girls will sing any of the songs, The boys are the tough ones) Anyway I told them if they were good and listened to our bible story then We were gonna paint and ALL their eyes got SO BIG. So much excitement in my room last night. So they were good and We played a game to go along with our lesson and they all participated. (They were definitely afraid they werent gonna get to paint. So when it was time to paint Jeremy came in to help me ( Thank goodness I had five 3 year olds by myself and would have Never I repeat NEVER made it through painting with them myself) So I put on their little paint smocks and then Jeremy would paint their hand and help them put it on their paper then send them to me at the sink and I would help them get clean then take off their smock. We were half way through when I realized oh no We werent doing the group one as well as their individual ones. (I knew they would take the individual ones home So I wanted a group one to hang in our room) So I started putting smocks back on them and started the whole process over again. So after we were finished and all cleaned up our room looked like a colorful tornado had hit it. So I took the kids to the eating area to eat and Jeremy stayed and cleaned our room which was a major help because I definitely couldnt have cleaned it with 3 year olds everywhere. I had made the kids snacks with bananas, graham crackers, honey, and a little chocolate,But I forgot them at home so we had fruit gummies instead.

So when the night was over and I was alone in my room as I was picking up crayons and toys I opened the cabinet I keep my purse in and saw my camera :( In all the chaos I had forgot to get any pictures of them in their adorable little smocks or any other pictures for that matter. Instead of standing there beating myself up I pulled the camera out and took a picture of one of the kids little handprints and then took one of our group handprints. Hopefully I can rememeber pictures of them next week when we turn them into little turkeys.
The night was very chaotic but in the end the kids left very happy and excited about our little project and I left blessed to have done something very little to make those precious babies smile. Look for lots more fun stuff to come from the Beyond Border for Christ Three and Under Class :)
This is hopefully what it will look like finished
No comments:
Post a Comment