Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Past

        We all have a past. So many times we wanna sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened. I know I do and sometimes we spend so much time wishing we could rewrite our past that we fail to realize we are living in it. I have been there and although I asked God for forgiveness the problem was I had never forgiven myself. I was carrying around all that grief and shame and I would cry and tell God I was sorry over and over until one day God said enough. Your slate has been wiped clean. Its absolutely amazing to know that God can just forgive us if we will only ask. Oh if only we could be half as forgiving as Him. 
           The problem is even if we try to forgive we can never forget. So thats why so many have been shunned because of their past. I know most people think im just sweet little Stephanie, but I have made some major mistakes in my life. I have failed so hugely and felt I could never be used for God glory. Thats so untrue!! The truth is we are ALL unworthy, but God chose us all. He wants everyone of us to do his work and to tell others about Him. The thing is we spend so much time telling each other were not qualified when the truth is we may very well be the most qualified. For example who could help a addict more than someone who has been a addict and overcame their addiction , but all to often that person is told they are not qualified due to their past. When in reality they are the best person for the job. So many in the bible prove this to be true. God used Moses in a mighty way and Moses murdered someone. My point is God can use anyone and dont let your past stop you from having a bright future. Forgive yourself and dont spend your life looking back and wishing things were different. God can use us all if only we will let Him.

No comments: