Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

   On Monday April 15th Jeremy and I hopped in the car and headed to the hospital to see our friends baby girl who had just been born. When arriving to the hospital the room was filled with friends and family and so much excitement. After only being there a few minutes I was asked if I wanted to hold her. So I scoped her up and watched as she slept so peacefully. Only minutes later the door opened and in came more family as well as the babys 3 year old sister. So of course she ran to her Mommy and after many hugs she came running over to me to met her baby sister. I knelt down and watched as she stared at her baby sisters face. Wow I thought this is such a powerful moment and I am so blessed to be apart of it. She then asked me what I had done to her baby sisters eyes ( her eyelids were red) I explained that I didnt do anything. She asked me if they hurt and I explained that she was not hurt she was fine. She then ran back to her Mommy and announced Shes so Cute.
          I wanted to share this moment because it was so powerful for me. I have always wanted more then one child, but I had never really thought about the bond between siblings. I am a only child so it never really crossed my mind. Now I am certain that if its the Lords will I absolutely want that for my children.
             I also got to experience the jealousy that comes along with it too. When Jeremy and I arrived at the hospital we walked in the door and Alayah was there ( with her Aunt and Grandma) of course she squealed when we walked in. So as I held the new baby Alayah runs over and reaches up for me and begins to cry. Of course this makes everyone laugh and someone else scopes Alayah up and tells her she has to share.  In this moment I am reminded of the words my former Pastor Derek McCosh said to me when I was struggling wanting and not understanding why God had never given Jeremy and I a child of our own. " Pour your love into the children God has placed around you"   I am pouring my love into so many in Hungry Horse, Montana, and although im sad that I only have 11 more weeks to be with them I am thankful for the 2 years I have had.
          Not long after getting home from the hospital we heard about the tragedy in Boston. Instantly I went from joyful to heartbroken. I am reminded that God gives and takes away. So hold those you love extra tight because we dont know what tomorrow holds. We need to pray for Boston and all those who lost loved ones. God is still good although thats hard for some to hear and understand right now. God will never leave them through all the heartache and pain He is there.
 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit (Psalms 34:18)


 Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.  Job 1:21

No comments: