Saturday, April 6, 2013

Silly Saturday #8

              Today I'm going to tell you a story about what happen to us on wednesday ( April 3rd). In Hungry Horse we have sidewalks (which we will miss HUGELY when we leave) so lately we have been going for walks with Molly because the vet wants her to lose 20 pounds!! So we had been taking her everyday since sunday and walking 2 miles ( She has lost weight already!) Well on wednesday we had Alayah it was warm and we have a stroller so we took her too. So I had Molly attached to the stroller and I was pushing Alayah which they both loved because Alayah giggled the whole way because Molly was walking beside her and Molly must think we aren't very responsible because she constantly thinks she has to protect Alayah ( which is cute as well) So anyway were walking and we were to our marker where we turn around so we did and we had just turned around when I saw three dogs running down the side of a fence as fast as they could. 
   Ok back track for a second anyone who knows me knows I have a HUGE fear of dogs. I know it sounds ridiculous since I have a dog ( who is a big dog) but its true. I go into  panic mode sometimes I almost blackout and later just remember pieces of what I did. So when we started walking outside my requirements were to walk where no dogs were. Jeremy had ran this way so many times and had never seen one dog so thats how we made this our routine walk.
     Back to the story......So the dogs are running down the other side of the fence and I start getting a little panicky and I remember saying to Jeremy they are fenced in, right? He said yeah ( but I could tell He didnt know) so I started walking faster and then I glanced behind me to see the dogs flying towards us!! I panicked!!!! I remember saying ( probably very loudly) oh no their coming!!! Jeremy said its ok just keep walking. One was a rottweiler, the other looked like a husky mix, the leader looked like a Alaskan malamute. So they run right down to Molly and the Alaskan Malamute starts growling at Molly so of course she starts doing the same. So I am in a absolute panic at this point and I say to Jeremy What do I do?!?!? He says keep walking and don't stop. The problem was Molly being hooked to the stroller because Molly was not budging. So I said Molly come on and I had to literally force her to walk with me. Every step I was pulling her as she barked and growled trying to go back towards the dogs. My heart was pounding so loud that I could hear it in my head. Molly still was trying her hardest to go back but I kept pulling I never looked back I went straight ahead like Jeremy had told me to do.  I pulled back the sun visor to make sure Alayah was ok (She gets scared when just Molly barks sometimes so I assumed this would have totally freaked her out). I'm sure it did, but I was super proud to see her look back up at me with no tears I told her everything was going to be ok. I think I was really trying to reassure myself. So a few minutes later Jeremy comes running up behind me, and we walked home in silence. 
   Jeremy later told me that He grabbed a handful of the dogs hair and shoved it backwards, and it still was growling and showing its teeth. So He yelled at them and actted like He was not afraid and they turned around and left. I asked him what would we have done if they had all three started fighting Molly and He said he wouldnt have let that happen. So I said ok what if they got you first then went after Molly and He said wouldnt have happened. He said to always act like you are not afraid of them, but that is easier said than done. The moral of the story is Dont attach your dog to the stroller because if they had started fighting the baby would have been right their in the middle of it. I also learned that although Molly is overweight and not in good shape ( she had walked a whole mile and was panting like crazy) She was not going to take any crap off anyone even though it would have been three against one she stood up for herself. She also was protecting us which is why she kept trying to go back because she saw the dogs growling at Jeremy. So I am super proud of my dog. We have not walked since because it has been raining and when it first happened I said I was never going again. I know I have to I can't let the fear stand in my way, but we will not be walking that way again we will find another dog free route. 



Have a great weekend!!!!

No comments: