Saturday, January 9, 2016

Hello Hong Kong

It's 5:30am Hong Kong time and we have been awake since 3am this 13 hour time difference is killer! I'm sure we will get use to it about the time for us to come home. I wanna write about everything now because once I meet him I know all focus will change and I'll forget all the tiny details about our trip here because nothing else will matter but him! So here goes.
We flew to Dallas Ft Worth Texas it was around a 3 hour flight it was pretty uneventful. Next we flew from Texas to Hong Kong a whooping 17 hour flight! However our awesome pilot got us there in 16. It was rough! The people around us were so nice but man we were in the middle row which is 4 seats and we were in the middle two. You could not even move! This is not a fat joke, everyone was average size and it was awful! Oh man I never wanna have a straight flight like that again. Again don't get me wrong the actual flight was great didn't hit much turbulence and the stewardious were awesome. We were served lunch and dinner and two snacks. That part was great!! We however are very very thankful that on the way home we have a extra layover and our longest flight will be 11 hours , still gonna be rough with a toddler but were grateful its not 17 hours!!! Our hotel is very nice and very close to the orphanage.  We are a lot less nervous now that we're here and settled, now we're just super anxious to meet our little guy. We will meet him tomorrow morning. We have visits with his therapist and caregivers throughout the week so we can learn as much as we can about him. Please pray that we will soak in all the info and get up to date on everything cause its gonna go super fast.
  Some of you know I have been sick. My cough started on the long plane ride of course and I literally coughed the whole time! Please pray that I could get well and that Connor will not get sick.
Please pray for our first meeting with Connor. Pray for it to go well and that we can form attachment quickly.
I will definitely keep everyone updated!




This is literally the size of our room and its the deluxe room.

View from our room (been up over 24 hours)

1 comment:

jean wilcox said...

You weren't far from Randy. He would have come to see you off.