Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What I want people to know about my baby

                 What I want people to know about my baby is they are not second choice. I will be upfront and honest I get very frustrated when I hear folks talk to me or about me and how if only I could have gotten pregnant "we wouldn't have to do this". I cannot stress enough that we do not" have to do this" God has called us to adopt, but we have freedom of choice. However we wholeheartedly embrace adoption and we choose this. We are excited and extremely humbled that God would chose us to be parents to a child without a family. . What a honor it is.

             I know its hard to understand, but I love my child. I dont know him/her but I can feel so much love for them. I want people to know that. I know that I cannot even fathom the love that will come when I see their precious face or hold them in my arms.

            I want people to know that we understand that for the rest of our lives we will be a transracial family. We feel very strongly about this. We dont want to bury our heads in the sand and live life pretending were not. We want to embrace our differences and rejoice in our individualities. We  know that we will be stared at and asked blunt and often rude questions we are ok with that. I cant say we will always be ready to answer or wont get offended, but dont think we dont know all of this is coming. Our families story will be a story of Gods faithfulness and we hope to turn stares and negative comments into a testimony of what God did for us.

        I want people to know that its ok to be scared. If your nervous about this adoption its ok. If you have questions, but are afraid to ask or think you will offend us. Please ask, we wont get offended if its not asked with a mean spirit. I feel so much better when people ask questions because it shows they are interested in the process and have genuine concerns. If you are worried that we are already inlove with a child and are afraid that things might not work out then please pray for us. The best thing to do is cover us, and our adoption in prayer.

  I want people to know that when I invision my child, I dont see special needs, although I know they will have them. My hope is that others wont see there special needs either, not because I want to hide them or pretend they are not there but because they do not define my child.

   I want people to know that we have prayed for this baby for YEARS. I know this is hard for others to understand because they get stuck on the "no you prayed for a biological child, or no you prayed to get pregnant". When in reality I begged and cried out to God for a baby.

I want people to know that God answered. No I didnt look down and see two pink lines. I wont feel my baby kick from the inside. I wont have a ultra sound and hear those words ITS A  ..........

But God answered just what I asked of Him.......
I want people to know that.







No comments: