I will not be doing one of these every week like Silly Saturdays, but you might see them occasionally
** Warning if your not a dog person you may want to skip this post**
Molly Katelyn Malone "Molly Kate"
This is our dog Molly that I also call Molly Kate alot too. Molly is a boxer beagle mix (Bogle). We rescued her from a animal shelter here in Montana. We adopted Molly on 11/11/11. Let me back track when we knew we were moving to Montana to be missionaries we had 3 dogs. One of our dogs that Jeremy surprised me with from a animal shelter in Tn was only 2 weeks old when We got her I had to bottle feed her. We named her Molly Katelyn and I always called her Molly Kate. We had 2 other dogs we were crazy about too. We had so many unknowns about Montana and knew We couldnt take them all, and as We tried to decide which one to take we became overwhelmed with the unknowns. Would We have a yard for them? Would We have enough money to feed them? Would we be home enough and have enough time with them? Would we still be able to give them a good life? When we couldn't answer yes to the last question we knew we had to find them good homes and so we did. It was heartbreaking, but it was what We had to do.Meanwhile our cat had kittens and We ended up keeping a kitten we name Journey because We were gonna bring her on our journey with us. So we got to Montana and we werent home a whole lot so we decided to get Journey a friend so we got another cat. The other cat was huge his name was Tally. Soon we began looking out at our nice fenced in backyard and we definitely regretted not bringing at least one of our dogs. I kept telling Jeremy all I wanted for Christmas was a puppy. So we discussed it and decided since the church was being gracious enough to let us live here we did not want to get a puppy after all this apartment is not ours and we did not want to deal with chewing and accidents in a place that wasnt our own. So we discussed getting a older dog. So we agreed and on 11/11/11 we head to Flathead Valley Animal Shelter. As We walked through and dogs were barking and jumping I said I dont want a barky dog they drive me crazy. I want a dog I feel safe with while Jeremy is gone. One that will bark when someone comes to the door. So we walked through once and didn't see any one that jumped out at us. So I told Jeremy lets walk through one more time. Deep in my heart I missed Molly Kate and I knew I had to let that go. So as We walked through again my eyes fell on a dog. Who was one of the few not barking. The dog in her cage with her was barking and jumping on the door and acting crazy, but not her she was still her tail was wagging and her eyes never left us. So I ask the lady who worked there if she would get that dog out for us. She said sure so as the dog came out of the cage and we started petting her and she was soaking up all the attention. I turned my focus to the paperwork attached to her pen after all I definitely didnt want a biter. I checked her bite history it said Never. Then I looked to see how she was with cats and other pets and it said good. So then I glance at the top of the paperwork and thats when I looked down at Jeremy who was getting lots of kisses and said Shes the one. He said ok but looked at my with questioning eyes like why are you so sure and thats when I said her names Molly.
So that was it we filled out paperwork and brought her home. From the moment we brought her home she has been great. She barks when someones at the door and her and our neighbors dog do occasionally get in fights through the fence, but other than that life was great. It wasnt long though before I was going crazy I could not keep pet hair cleaned up or litter out of the floor. After being gone most of the day from working and coming home to lots more work I decided I couldnt keep up. I was stressed and constantly frustrated. At home we had 3 dogs and 5 cats ( cats werent inside) and I could always keep the pet hair up, but I was also a stay at home wife. So we had a decision to make so on April 19th a nice couple came and took our cats. It was a hard decision to make, but in the end I think we made the right one. Now 10 months later I have no doubt We did the right thing because Journey barely made it through the trip to Montana and Tally would almost scream the whole time you had him in a car He hated car rides. So I know that we would have had to find them homes here anyway.
So The molly we had before was Molly Kate so from day one I have had the hardest time not saying Molly Kate to this dog too. So after months and months of trying to break myself from the habit I said forget it and gave this Molly the middle name Katelyn too.
In May(2012) we started babysitting Alayah. I was nervous at first because We had never had Molly around a baby. Turns out I had no reason to worry.
Molly and Alayah are the best of friends now. Although it didnt start out that way Im not sure if molly was around babies where she lived before, but im pretty sure she wasnt because she was terrified of Alayah when We first started keeping her. Now they chase each other all around the house and play together all day.
Molly has never chewed on anything besides her toys. She has only had 1 accident and thats our fault because I thought Jeremy took her out and He thought I took her out. Although I picked her she loves Jeremy way more, and if it wasnt for me feeding her she might not like me at all. We are very respectful we realize that just because we are animal people doesnt mean everyone is and so when people come to visit who arent dog people or when we go home to visit family we have a awesome lady who keeps Molly for us. Molly loves going to her house she is always excited to see us come back for her, but is excited to be dropped off too. She went to the vet a few months ago and weighed 63 pounds and the vet wants her to weigh 39 so we are working on her weight. She has made me feel so much safer when im home alone. She is a good dog and we are lucky we found her in the shelter that day. Molly will be making the trip back to TN with us. After all I can't lose another Molly Kate.



No comments:
Post a Comment