Ok We know and have seen countless times how faithful God is. I however feel so guilty sometimes praying certain things because I feel selfish, but we should be praying for ourselves as well as others. Obviously I pray for God to use me for His will, and to be a more loving caring person, a better christian, etc etc.. Recently we heard a speaker who said We have not because We dont ask. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. James 4:3 That struck a nerve with me and one thing I asked God to do was help me with my weight loss. No, I did not pray Lord make me thin or help me to keep losing weight. I asked Him to help me beat my food addiction, to give me self control, and to help me to enjoy exercise. I asked Him to help me not give up. I am a emotional eater, and being on the mission field and away from family I saw my weight sky rocket. Over the past 6 months I have worked hard, and am seeing results. I have no doubt its all because I asked for Gods help. Today I went to shop for me pants I started out a size 12 and they were way to big. Today I bought size 6!!! I was shocked and overwhelmed. God is so good!!! I ask God to help me keep the weight off as well as not fall back into my unhealthy lifestyle.
The point im trying to make is Don't feel guilty asking God for things. He wants us too. Just be careful not to ask for greedy selfish things. God hears our prayers and in His time will answer not always the way we want, but He will work all things out for our good. We have to trust Him after all He sees our future so He knows what We need and when we need it far better than we do.
No comments:
Post a Comment