When life gets hard I want to be there for people and uplift them, but I am terrible at knowing what to say. One thing I have found that I like to do for others is memory books. What I do is buy a binder and sheet protectors. Then I announce to the friends and family of whoever i'm making it for and ask them to send pictures and write letters about how the person has impacted their lives or a funny story or memory they shared with the person. I have made two and both have been a huge success!! One was for a family who lost their son. So many people sent letters and pictures and I gave the book to his mother on her first Christmas without him. She later told me that the book has helped her realize that she is not alone in her pain because so many others miss him too. The other Memory book I made was for our Pastor and His wife when they resigned. Everyone had stories they shared and the book was a good reminder of all the memories we had shared with them. I love making the memory books because I don't have to find the words to say. Memory Books are my little ministry I guess you could say.
I have already started a picture album of just pictures of Montana, the ministries we are involved in, and our friends here. I struggled with whether to do this or not because I dont wanna sound conceded, but I really wanna make a memory book for Jeremy and I. We never want to forget one memory or funny story we shared. What I need is letters. You can write anything you want just a letter to us, or a funny story we shared. If you want to type it you can email it to me at stephaniehmalone@gmail.com. You can also hand write them and bring them to me at anytime. I know we will have a hard time adjusting when We get back to Tn. It will be so nice to be able to read your letters and stories during those hard times. You have time to think about it. You can but you do not have to bring me the letter ASAP just before July. Thanks in advance to everyone who participates I really appreciate it.
Also if your not from Montana and are reading this and want to share a memory or funny story we have shared. Feel free to send them to me. I can make a memory book for both or just one big one. Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment