Thursday, March 7, 2013

No coincidence

           Every had something happen only to later realize it was not a coincidence at all, but just part of Gods plan?? Well that is exactly what happened to me wednesday night at Beyond Borders for Christ. Diane who took my place as the 3 and under teacher was sick so she could not make it. So when I got to the school I asked another lady named Kristy to come help me. She said she would. We had 8 in our class  3 year olds and one 1 year old. So it was very hectic, but we managed the best we could. Kristys daughter was getting baptized at Beyond Borders that night. So I told her to go and I would be fine not to worry. Well the kids got crazy. They started saying things they shouldn't ( they are in the stage where poopy and butt are the funniest things to say) so I tried to get 3 boys to stop saying that meanwhile another boy and girl started hitting and pushing each other. Then the one year old fell out of a chair and was crying. I ran over and scooped her up and yelled ENOUGH to the others. I put chairs all spread apart against the walls and made them all sit in one. I then put my chair in the middle and said we are gonna have a talk. To my surprise all eyes were on me and it was silent. So I said You have been so disrespectful lately. You hit and push, you say things you know you should not say, you run down the halls, you wont listen to our stories, etc. I remembered alot more at the time.
    I was the 3 and under teacher until recently and most nights it was just me. Ill admit to coming home and crying many wednesday nights, and I would pray Lord don't let them rememeber me as hateful and mean Ms Stephanie. I let alot of stuff slide, but eventually everything catches up with me. Thats what happen this wednesday. So as I talked to the kids and dont let me fool you I was MAD.  I said I am moving this summer. I then asked if they could count to 16 (a few of them raised their hands and said they could) I said thats how many wednesdays I have left with you. I wont see you anymore. Ms Diane is your new teacher. I really wanted to make these last weeks the best. I wanted to do fun stuff with you all and make the most of the time we have, but we cant because you wont obey the rules. I guess their will be no snacks ( I dont mean dinner. We usually have a snack in our room too. I would never take away dinner I wanna make that clear) no treasure box, and no free time.  So I said We can have all those things if you chose to make the most of our time together. Of course they all said we are gonna do better, We will be good.
      Then I realized one little girl ( who I am always and I mean literally every week having to get on to about some thing) was crying. My first thought was she was pouting because she knew I was not happy with them and because I had made them all stop and sit down. I said her name and asked why she was crying and she sobbed as she stated Because when you move We wont see you anymore. Wow I cannot tell you how I didnt cry I almost did, but I quickly pulled myself together. I told her that we were gonna have the best time ever up until then and then Ms Diane would still have fun stuff for them to learn and do.It was very apparent that God had answered my prayer they don't think of me as hateful or mean at all.  Right after I got done talking Kristy came back in.
          I know God had it all planned out. Normally I would not have been alone with the kids so they would have never got that out of hand and I would have never got so mad. So it was no coincidence that Diane could not come that wednesday ( Don't get me wrong I am not glad she was sick, but God probably knew that was the only way to keep her from coming). It was no coincidence that Kristy had to leave the room for awhile to see her daughter baptized. I needed that moment with them. We had a special moment together so that God could show me that He heard every time I cried and every time I asked Him not to let them see me as just mean and hateful. Not sure why I am so amazed. I know we have a awesome God, but He continues to amaze me daily. I just wanted to share this and maybe it will open our eyes to little things we chalk up as coincidences each day maybe there not and were just too busy to see.
     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Stephanie, as I sit here crying my eyes out, I thank God, for taking control. Our God is so wonderful.Coincidence or not, God used you to get done what needed done. I have not had a teaching job before, and 3 year olds, make one want to tear their hair out.YOu have so much patience, and I learn so much from you. Thank you, you and Jermmery are a treasure. You will be missed deeply. Makes me worthy to take your place, and to help shape our young kids...God Bless you

Stephanie said...

Thanks. I started out so mad at them, but those cute little eyes staring back at me softened my heart quick. I do have a patience, but sometimes to much I am guilty of letting them get by with too much. Partly because in the beginning I only had 2 girls and I could handle it. Then when the class grew and I was alone I was in trouble. Sometimes I would say things like well I guess there will be no treasure box tonight and they could be awful and at the end of the night I would still give treasure box. It finally took me getting mad wednesday for me to realize I have in a way created a monster LOL So wednesday was a new beginning in a way. There was no treasure box!! and there was time out!!'