Saturday, April 19, 2014

6 years ago. . . .

   At barely 19 I was about to walk down the isle. . . .
 I was scared, anxious, but what I want people to know and understand is yes I was a kid.
I didnt know anything about living on my own .
 I had no idea how drastically life was about to change.
I didnt realize the struggle that goes along with marriage.
I had no idea that I was about to juggle so many things and  on top of everything else everyday I would have to chose to work at my marriage.
Oh yes I had been given advice,  even been told not to do it, but im glad I did.

If I hadnt. . . . .
Sure I could have lived out the rest of my teen and early twenties wild and free.
I could have lived with my parents awhile longer and not had to pay rent or a light bill.
I could have lived for me.

What I would have missed out on. . . .
Coming home every night to a small apartment and bills piled on the table, but knowing the love of my life would be there waiting to ask about my day.
Late night talks that could go on forever because no one had to leave to head home.
Never having to feel alone or wonder if God had someone out there for you.
Knowing that no matter what, you had someone in your corner and on your side.
Knowing that no matter how bad a day you had, arms would be waiting for you to fall into the moment you arrived at home.
Having someone to share every life experience with.
 The list could go on and on

And in our case my favorite is  growing up together in our  marriage.
So yes we realize we married young and despite statistics here we are six years later.
 Yep, we understand we could have waited, but were glad we didnt. :)


No comments: