Sunday, August 25, 2013

Everything in a new light. . . . . .

        I wanted to go on this vacation, but until the week was actually here I didnt realize  how much I needed the vacation.

        Since being back from Montana God has poured out his blessings on us. He has taken care of all our needs, so when I say its been a struggle I mean emotionally. There are times my heart aches so bad that I wanna take what I can pack and hop on a plane and leave everything behind and run to Montana. Why?? Because its familiar. Its comfortable. Yes also because we miss our friends there and our life we had there, but deep down alot of it is that its a  familiar life. Of course We lived in Tn before, but this time feels so different. Nothing is the same including us.
         We know that God wants us in Tn because He has poured His blessings out on our life here so much already. Settling into that life is hard. A new way of life, A new home, A new place to minister, entering the work field again, All these things were threw at us at one time and its overwhelming to say the least!!
        We have to face this all head on, and we will always have a piece of our hearts in Montana. We will go back and visit and we will keep in touch with friends, but as far as wanting that life we had back we have to let that go.   That is so hard for me to say much less do. We have to put our time and energy into our new life here. We will continue to pray for the people of Hungry Horse and the ministries there.  We will never forget them or our time there, but we cannot stay in this cloud of sadness wishing things were different.  It is time to rise up and start anew.

              This vacation has made me see everything in a new light. I may not know everything God wants from me just yet, but He wants me to stop living stuck in the past. To cherish it and miss it, but not to wish things were different.
                 Its time to step into this new life and embrace it. To live with the passion that has been faded away behind sorrow for the past 8 weeks. Its time to move forward and begin to live again.

No comments: