Thursday, December 13, 2012

God will make a way!

              Last night (12/12/12) at Beyond Borders for Christ the 3 and under class had a special night. Here is the yummy snack they loved and ate
                        They all assured me that the reindeers were very yummy, but they are not what this post is about. This post is about God making a way even if there seems to be no way.
                  Every year Flora Baptist Church in  Flora, MS.  provides the kids with  Christmas presents. This is a HUGE blessing. This year each child will receive a tote bag that says beyond borders on it with all sorts of goodies inside some of which include tooth paste, toothbrushes, a hoodie, socks, and many other useful items. We are so thankful for Flora Baptist Church and their willingness to give.                    
           This year since I dont have very many in my class I decided that I would like to give the kids in my class a gift from me. The problem was Jeremy and I had no money in our budget for this. So I headed up to our craft closet  ( here at the church) where I found these cute tote bags ( dont worry the boys got boy colors :)).
Each child received a bag with their initial on the front and Beyond Borders for Christ 3 and Under Class. I still had to figure out what to put in the bags so I headed to our clothes closet. Last winter We had someone donate tons of knitted caps so each child had one of them in their bag.
          As I kept looking around in the clothes closet it just so happened someone had donated some stuffed animals and toy cars so the girls got two stuffed animals and the boys got a stuffed animal and a toy car.

    I also had some silly band so each child got a animal silly band and a coloring book with crayons. My little guys were super excited and it brought so much joy to me to be able to give them a gift and I am so grateful to the church for the craft closet and the clothes closet because of these two ministries I was able to feel the joy of giving a gift I wouldnt have been able to give any other way. I am thankful for those who donated unused or unwanted items to our clothes closet you were the reason for so many smiles last night. To the person who knitted all the caps you are the reason these little guys will stay a little warmer this winter.  I was surprised at how excited they got over the hats. They all wore them around and left wearing them. One little boys was too small and I told him I was sorry and that I had plenty more and would bring him another one next week. Someone else said try stretching it so we did and it went on his head but barely and it was no where near his ears it just sat on the very top of his head but He left wearing it proudly. It wasnt the greatest gift and they will get a better one next wednesday when they receive there gifts from Flora Ms, but I am thankful that God made a way so that I could give my little guys, that I love so much a Christmas gift.


****Update**** Not sure how I forgot the most important part each child received a New Testament bible. I know they cant read them now, but its something they can keep and know that someone cared enough about them to share the word of God with them even though they couldnt even read yet.

No comments: