Wednesday, December 12, 2012

How are you losing weight?

         I have had so many ask How are you losing weight. The answer is embarassing!!! The reason I say this is because I could have and should have been doing this along time ago. So here is exactly what I'm doing.
        Exercise!! Yes I hate that word. I use to avoid it as if it were a bad word, but I have learned its really not. Exercise can be your friend. Since exercising daily not only am I losing weight but I feel amazing!! Although don't get me wrong if you haven't exercised in along time like me ( literally since they made us in wellness in high school) the amazing feeling will take awhile to get to. Don't give up though because it will come. If you feel you don't have time to exercise here is something silly I tried. When you are watching TV everytime a commercial comes on get off the couch and jog or walk in place until your show comes back on. Its simple and you cannot say oh I dont have time to do it. Some of you may wonder why Jeremy is dropping pounds alot faster than me. He is running I am NOT a runner!!! So that and obviously there are many other reasons. He is focused on getting healthy and losing weight. I am focus on the same, but I am borderline diabetic so I am also working hard to get my sugar under control. So exercise is a HUGE part of how i'm losing weight.
       Bye Bye Sodas and :( Sweet tea. Yes your not gonna like this one either and I struggled with it too. I have not had either since August and I can testify that I feel alot better and my color is alot better. I know you don't want to and I didn't want to either, but its possible to lose weight just by doing this. It takes alot of will power. I had so many ask me if I wanted a sweet tea or a coke and when my answer was no they would say "Ugh ones not gonna hurt you". Yes and no. One every now and then is better than all the time, but having that one will get you hooked all over again. Everyones different but I have found for me quitting all together works best. Yes you will have headaches, but don't give in they will pass and after awhile so will the cravings. Don't give up is the main thing!!
             Portion size. No I didnt wanna give this up either, but once I cut down on simply how much I eat I was ashamed at how little I could eat and be full. Why do We insist on being stuffed and miserable when We leave the table?? I have no answer because I once was in the same boat, but I can now say that it doesnt have to be that way. Cut down on those portions!!!
            Thats all how embarassing to find out its that easy, but no joke its that easy. I feel better, look better, and have so much more energy. Here are some pictures of the progress We have made so far. All I can say is wow!!! No wonder We feel better!!


No comments: