Monday, December 31, 2012

The Break I desperately needed, Gods Blessings, and What We need prayers for.

               So this week ( Christmas Week) We have had off. No tuesday night bible study, No Beyond Borders for Christ. Just a break! Of course We were selfishly a little excited, but I didnt realize till this week how much I needed the break. Full time Ministry is tough! I know some people  think We dont have "Real" jobs so this is a vacation. Ha I wish everyone could spend a week with us, but this post is not about Ranting so ill get off my soap box haha. The thing is when you begin to get burnt out you normally dont realize it or I never do anyway. This week (As I had a mini breakdown, Nothing huge just a cry fest)  I realized Im so overwhelmed. I'm not sure what I thought teaching a class and doing the puppet ministry would entail, or if I thought the puppet ministry wouldnt take off so quickly. Don't get me wrong I am absolutely thrilled and So excited. I want so badly to throw all my time and energy into it, but I can't. There is so much other work to be done, and jobs that have to be filled. This post is not just so I can complain or whine the reason I'm writing this is for prayer. Not just for me, but for Canyon Baptist Church and Beyond Borders for Christ. Pray for Workers!!!

Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Matthew 9:37

                I don't want to send out the wrong message I absolutely love what We do. I love the ministries We help with and Feel honored to be able to help in anyway I can. I love my class at Beyond Borders for Christ. Nothing gives me more joy to see those sweet faces each week and see them learning more and more. With that being said I also see their faces light up when they see the puppets each week. My hope is that God will lay it on someones heart just as He did mine to have a desire to pour into those little guys lives. So that I can put all my focus into the puppet ministry. Not because Someone else couldn't do it or not because its not running successfully now, but because It has so much more potential if someone had the time to pour into it and because God had been telling me over and over i'm that person. Please join me in praying for the puppet ministry and for God to give me guidance and understanding in how to juggle both the class and the puppets.

            God is really blessing Beyond Borders for Christ. I have seen so much growth in it even just over the last few months. Its far from perfect and there are still weeks We all want to pull our hair out, but that Smile from a child makes every minute worth it. I am so thankful God sent us here and I cannot think of any "real" job that could be more important than pouring my time, energy, and love into these kids. They wont remember every story, Some nights I wonder if they are listening at all. One thing is for sure they know Miss Stephanie loves them very much, and more important that Jesus loves them. Sometimes I'm unsure of what to do and I have to pray for guidance and direction alot, But without a doubt I know Hungry Horse, Montana has changed my life. God worked through this beautiful place to help shape me into the woman He wants me to be. Do I have along way to go? Yes Have I came along way? Absolutely I am not the woman that Stepped out of my car here on July 5th 2011. Am I bragging? Yes not about myself, but about our God. He is bigger than any obstacle.
He is bigger than our fears. He is bigger than our past. He is bigger than our setbacks.
 He is bigger than our failures. He is bigger than depression. The list goes on and on.

        We all need a break from time to time, just don't think that means We aren't happy where we are, or happy doing the ministries We do. What We cannot do is give up. Whether We feel like it or not every job we do is making a difference. We may not realize it, but We are planting seeds and We may never even get to see them blossom but as long as We did what God called us to do and gave our best We did our job. Its hard to see it that way because We would like nothing better than to see them all saved, but We cannot lose heart. God has a plan and a purpose for every child We minister too. Please Pray for All the workers at Beyond Borders For Christ that We would do everything God wants us to do and nothing We Shouldn't. Please pray for more workers. Thank you for reading and for your prayers.

 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9


    


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping u all in our hearts & prayers always. Love u. Mamaw & Papaw.

Stephanie said...

Thanks I love you too.