Monday, December 31, 2012

The Puppet Ministry!

      It wasn't very long ago that The Puppet Ministry was just a vision. I felt like I was suppose to do something geared toward the younger kids at Beyond Borders for Christ, but wasn't sure what that was. So back in the summer I began to pray for guidance, direction, and a clear vision of what it was I was suppose to do. If your from Tn you know what Total Life Encounters  is. I have not missed many years since I started going as a kid with Clear Springs Baptist Church. I always loved the puppets and blacklight shows. I always thought I wanna do that!!! Of course I was also always filled with tons of doubt.  So anyway as I prayed for vision God gave me just that, and to my surprise all I could think about were puppets. I knew its what God wanted me to do. I kept praying. Then in August as most everyone knows I went to Tn to spend some time with my family. As I sat one sunday and listened to a preacher I dont rememeber what the preacher said or even which church back home I was at, but I got my confirmation it was as if God whispered in my ear Puppets. Thats what your suppose to do for those sweet kids. I will admit I think deep down I already knew, but I wasn't being very obedient. That day I told God ok no more fighting Ill do it. Of course I was filled with so many questions. How?? We had no puppets and where would we get the money to buy puppets? When?? Was I suppose to continue praying or start trying to find a solution??
      I told Jeremy. He was like me He had so many questions and I had no answers. So As I continued to pray I felt like God wanted me to  step out and He would take care of the rest. So I sent some emails out telling what was on my heart and asking Churches if they had any unwanted puppets they would like to donate to this new ministry. It wasn't long when the church I grew up in  Sent a puppet.  Rocking Rob ( We named him) made his first debut on November 14th You can watch a video of that Debut here. At the same time I sent out emails My Mom put a ad about it in the Baptist Association Links ( its a newsletter that goes out to all the churches) All this time I'm still praying, but mostly I was thanking God for answering my prayers. I felt truly blessed to have the one puppet and didnt expect anything more.  On November 26th God blessed me so hugely all I could do was stand there in shock as UPS pulled box after box out of there truck. Here is a look at what was in those boxes
Read the whole story behind this Huge donation here. So as you can see When God tells you to step out even though there a thousand unknowns just do it. He will take care of the rest.
 Click here to watch the puppets first Musical performance.
   Click here to see the puppets Christmas Play.
      
        As you can tell once I stepped up to what God was telling me to do, Even though I didnt have any answers in the beginning. God showed me that you dont have to have the answers All we have to do is trust him.
       As I sit here and tell about the growth of this new ministry I must tell you that I may have headed it all up, but I am not the reason its successful. Yes there are amazing people each week who are the reason its going so great. Thank you to all of them for their hard work and dedication. The puppet Ministry could not  be possible without you. Here are the faces behind the puppets :)


 What can you look for out of the puppet ministry in 2013?? We are currently working on getting everything together for blacklight puppets!!!! I am so excited and cannot wait to tell the enemy that told me so long ago that  I couldnt do blacklights or puppets OH YES I CAN!!!!!



God,
  We come to you today so thankful for all you have done for the puppet ministry. Thank you for workers who love what they do and are dedicated. Thank you for churches who were willing to give so that We could do this ministry. Thank you for the vision and the opportunity to start this ministry for these kids. Thank you for all the blessings you have given to us for this ministry and thank you for all the future blessings you have in store for this ministry. We pray that 2012 was only the beginning. We ask you to continue to give us vision and direction for this ministry. In Jesus Name, Amen.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise The Lord !!! Mamaw & Papaw